Cloning, Characterization, and Genomic Structure of the Mouse Ikbkap Gene
- Mouse Connexin 45: Genomic Cloning and Exon Usage. Jacob, Alexander; Beyer, Eric C. // DNA & Cell Biology;Jan2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p11
Connexin 45 is a gap junction protein that is prominent in early embryos and is widely expressed in many mature cell types. To elucidate its gene structure, expression, and regulation, we isolated mouse Cx45 genomic clones. Alignment of the genomic DNA and cDNA sequences revealed the presence of...
- Dolly, you're history. Lemonick, Michael D.; Gibson, Helen; Park, Alice // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/3/1998, Issue 31, p52
Reports on how scientists are taking cloning one step further in 1998. How Teruhiko Wakayama successfully cloned mice; The number of cloned mice created in the laboratory through the use of a system called Cumulina; Details of the mice; Possible applications of such findings.
- Dolly has company. G.S.; Stover, Dawn // Popular Science;Nov98, Vol. 253 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the successful cloning of a mice from adult cells. Technique used in cloning; Use of the mice as a model for cloning.
- Functional annotation of a full-length mouse cDNA collection. Kawai, J.; Shinagawa, A.; Shibata, K.; Yoshino, M.; Itoh, M.; Ishii, Y.; Arakawa, T.; Hara, A.; Fukunishi, Y.; Konno, H.; Adachi, J.; Fukuda, S.; Aizawa, K.; Izawa, M.; Nishi, K.; Kiyosawa, H.; Kondo, S.; Yamanaka, I.; Saito, T.; Okazaki, Y. // Nature;2/8/2001, Vol. 409 Issue 6821, p685
Presents a study from Japan's RIKEN Mouse Gene Encyclopaedia Project, which is working systematically to determine the full coding potential of the mouse genome. Description of the first RIKEN clone collection; Annotation and analysis of these cDNAs; Strategies; cDNAs which represent metabolic...
- Cumulina and her sisters. Caldwell, Mark // Discover;Jan1999, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p56
Reports on the successful cloning of a mouse in 1998. Difference of the cloned mouse from previous cloning efforts; Overview of the cloning technique.
- Copying a multitude of mice. Sobel, Rachel K. // U.S. News & World Report;08/03/98, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p52
Reports that researchers cloned three generations of healthy mice. Research by Ryuzo Yanagimachi, University of Hawaii; Use of a new technique; Confirmation that Dolly the sheep was cloned; Feasibility of human cloning.
- Human clones a step closer. Borntrager, Dan; Fillon, Mike; Shuldiner, Herb; Weissler, Paul; Wilson, Ashley // Popular Mechanics;Oct98, Vol. 175 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on the successful cloning of an adult mouse by scientists at the University of Hawaii. Cells used in cloning; Difference of the cloning technique used in the sheep Dolly; Implications of the cloning results.
- Inversin, a novel gene in the vertebrate left-right axis pathway, is partially deleted in the inv mouse. Morgan, David; Turnpenny, Lee; Goodship, Judith; Dai, Weilie; Majumder, Kumud; Matthews, Lucy; Gardner, Alison; Schuster, Gaby; Vien, Long; Harrison, Wilbur; Elder, Frederick F.B.; Penman-Splitt, Miranda; Overbeek, Paul; Strachan, Tom // Nature Genetics;Oct98, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p149
Visceral left-right asymmetry occurs in all vertebrates, but the inversion of embryo turning (inv) mouse, which resulted following a random transgene insertion, is the only model in which these asymmetries are consistently reversed. We report positional cloning of the gene underlying this...
- Cloning of the cDNA and gene encoding mouse lysosomal sialidase and correction of sialidase deficiency in human sialidosis and mouse SM/J fibroblasts. Igdoura, Suleiman A.; Gafuik, Christopher; Mertineit, Carmen; Saberi, Farzad; Pshezhetsky, Alex V.; Potier, Michel; Trasler, Jacquetta M.; Gravel, Roy A. // Human Molecular Genetics;Jan1998, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p115
Reports on the cloning and expression of the mouse lysosomal sialidase cDNA and gene. Transient expression of the cDNA in sialidise-deficient SM/J mouse fibroblasts; Effect of CDNA expression on sialidase activity; Dependence of cDNA and gene expression in normal cells on con-transfectioin with...