Expression of Streptococcus mutans Wall-Associated Protein A Gene in Chinese Hamster Ovary Cells: Prospect for a Dental Caries DNA Vaccine
- Errata. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1977, Vol. 56 Issue 12, following p1234
A correction to the article "The Effect of Procion Blue on Certain Metabolic Activities of Streptococcus mutans" that was published in the August 1977 issue is presented.
- MAINTAINING MUTANS STREPTOCOCCI SUPPRESSION WITH XYLITOL CHEWING GUM. Hildebrandt, Gary H.; Sparks, Brandon S. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Jul2000, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p909
Assesses the ability of xylitol chewing gum to maintain oral mutans streptococci (MS) suppression after the patient ceased topical chloroxidine (CHX) treatment. Mechanisms by which xylitol chewing gum may be cariostatic; Feasibility of maintaining long-term caries-pathogen suppression with...
- Erratum to: Effect of citrus lemon oil on growth and adherence of Streptococcus mutans. Liu, Ying; Zhang, Xiangyu; Wang, Yuzhi; Chen, Feifei; Yu, Zhifen; Wang, Li; Chen, Shuanglu; Guo, Maoding // World Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology;Apr2014, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p1435
A correction to the article "Effect of Citrus Lemon Oil on Growth and Adherence of Streptococcus mutans" that was published online in the February 7, 2014 issue is presented.
- Streptococcus mutans Endocarditis. Harder, Edward J.; Wilkowske, Conrad J.; Washington II, John A.; Geraci, Joseph E. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar74, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p364
Presents a study which examined several patients with Streptococcus mutans endocarditis. Assessment of the antibiotic susceptibility of Streptococcus mutans isolates; Reaction patterns of Streptococcus mutans and Enterococcal streptococci to various treatments; Overview of the clinical...
- In situ delivery of passive immunity by lactobacilli producing single-chain antibodies. Krüger, Carina; Hu, Yanzhong; Pan, Qiang; Marcotte, Harold; Hultberg, Anna; Delwar, Dipu; van Dalen, Philip J.; Pouwels, Peter H.; Leer, Rob J.; Kelly, Charles G.; van Dollenweerd, Craig; Ma, Julian K.; Hammarström, Lennart // Nature Biotechnology;Jul2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p702
Lactobacilli have previously been used to deliver vaccine components for active immunization in vivo. Vectors encoding a single-chain Fv (scFv) antibody fragment, which recognizes the streptococcal antigen I/II (SAI/II) adhesion molecule of Streptococcus mutans, were constructed and expressed in...
- Viability of Streptococcus mutans on Transparent and Opaque Toothbrushes. Spolidorio, Denise M. Palomari; Goto, Emy; Negrini, Thaís de Cássia; Spolidorio, Luís Carlos // Journal of Dental Hygiene;Spring2003, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p114
Purpose. The objective of this study was to evaluate the viability of the microorganism Streptococcus mutans on toothbrushes made of opaque and transparent materials. Methods. Twenty-eight toothbrushes (14 opaque and 14 transparent ) were inoculated in tubes with brain heart infusion (BHI) broth...
- Impact of diet alteration on oral microflora by addition of probiotics. Astekar, M.; Sidhu, G. K.; Kathuria, N. S. // Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology;Oct-Dec214, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p466
A letter to the editor is presented related to the influence of probiotics in the daily diet on the salivary levels of streptococcus mutans and lactobacilli.
- Distribution of Streptococcus mutans and Streptococcus sobrinus in Dental Plaque of Indian Pre-School Children Using PCR and SB-20M Agar Medium. SINGLA, DIVYA; SHARMA, ARUN; SACHDEV, VINOD; CHOPRA, RADHIKA // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Nov2016, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p60
Introduction: Dental caries is one of the most common infectious diseases affecting the oral cavity. Among the oral bacteria, mutans streptococci have been implicated as major cariogenic bacteria as they can produce high levels of dental caries causing substances such as lactic acid and...
- Streptococcus mutans, early childhood caries and new opportunities. Slavkin, Harold C. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Dec99, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p1787
Investigates the prevalence of early childhood caries (ECC) in the United States. Definition of the disease; Streptococcus mutans as the main cause of ECC; Link between breast-feeding and caries; Factors that determine a child's susceptibility to dental caries.