Cracking down on fraud in managed care can prove challenging
- Second Opinion: What's Wrong With Canada's Health Care System And How To Fix It. Crnec, Madeleine F. // Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association;Mar1990, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p41
No abstract available.
- Health Care Costs Rise. // Oriental Medicine Journal;Spring96, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p11
No abstract available.
- Managed care survey on integrated delivery. // AHA News;12/16/96, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p5
Discusses report findings which indicated that 42% of the surveyed managed care organizations are part of integrated-delivery systems. Inclusion of the report in the `National Directory of Managed and Integrated Care Organizations,' by the Managed Care Information Center.
- Expert warns: Disease management is more than a cost-cutting gimmick. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;09/08/97, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p4
Focuses on the systems by which a managed care plans handles health conditions of the clients. Purpose of disease management; Description of two forms of disease management model using a hypertensive patient; Health assessments necessary to ensure client's compliance with the treatment regimen;...
- Managed care recommendations out. // AHA News;12/22/97, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p6
Focuses on the California Managed Care Health Improvement Task Force's release of its recommendations for improving managed care in the state.
- Health plan hikes expected. // Business Insurance;01/12/98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p2
States that employers in New York City are anticipating an increase in costs of health plans. Estimate of the proposed increase; Reference to a survey conducted by Towers Perrin; Details on the survey; Projections issued by employers regarding employee-only coverage.
- Better HMO results foreseen for '98. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p2
Reports that managed care companies in the United States could have better results in 1998 than in 1997, depending on health maintenance organizations' (HMOs) success in increasing rates to outpace costs. Factors which will determine HMOs' stock performance; Developments in managed care during...
- Managed care: A New Jersey snapshot. // Business News New Jersey;3/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p40
Presents graphs of managed care plan utilization in New Jersey in 195. Percent increase in 1994-1995 in medical plan costs for active New Jersey employees; Percent of New Jersey employers offering managed care; Percent of state employees enrolled in managed care plans.
- Hello, New Jersey! // Business News New Jersey;3/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p42
Reports on New York City-based managed-care groups and networks expanding in New Jersey. ChubbHealth; NYLCare; Blue Bell, Pennsylvania-based Omnia.