Cracking down on fraud in managed care can prove challenging
- Second Opinion: What's Wrong With Canada's Health Care System And How To Fix It. Crnec, Madeleine F. // Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association;Mar1990, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p41
No abstract available.
- Health Care Costs Rise. // Oriental Medicine Journal;Spring96, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p11
No abstract available.
- Managed care survey on integrated delivery. // AHA News;12/16/96, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p5
Discusses report findings which indicated that 42% of the surveyed managed care organizations are part of integrated-delivery systems. Inclusion of the report in the `National Directory of Managed and Integrated Care Organizations,' by the Managed Care Information Center.
- Expert warns: Disease management is more than a cost-cutting gimmick. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;09/08/97, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p4
Focuses on the systems by which a managed care plans handles health conditions of the clients. Purpose of disease management; Description of two forms of disease management model using a hypertensive patient; Health assessments necessary to ensure client's compliance with the treatment regimen;...
- Managed care recommendations out. // AHA News;12/22/97, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p6
Focuses on the California Managed Care Health Improvement Task Force's release of its recommendations for improving managed care in the state.
- Health plan hikes expected. // Business Insurance;01/12/98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p2
States that employers in New York City are anticipating an increase in costs of health plans. Estimate of the proposed increase; Reference to a survey conducted by Towers Perrin; Details on the survey; Projections issued by employers regarding employee-only coverage.
- Savvy employers escort managed care practices into rural communities. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;02/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p3
States the managed care concepts is being introduced by large employers with operations in small communities to their workers and health care providers. What federal law is allowing employers in rural areas to do in relation to medicare; Comments from Kirby Bosley, a William M. Mercer...
- Managed care survives scare. // Business Insurance;02/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p8
Opinion. Reports that the managed care programs in Florida was saved by the Florida Supreme Court after it disallowed a proposed ballot initiative, which if approved by voters could amended the Florida Constitution and have a strong impact on managed care programs in the state. What the...
- Better HMO results foreseen for '98. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p2
Reports that managed care companies in the United States could have better results in 1998 than in 1997, depending on health maintenance organizations' (HMOs) success in increasing rates to outpace costs. Factors which will determine HMOs' stock performance; Developments in managed care during...