FTBA grant helps make life easier
- Hope, faith, hard work and charity. du Preez, Nikkie // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p26
Describes the lessons the author learned in managing people behind a Bosnian charity called `Bosnia Now.' Process in training volunteers; Problems encountered by the charity; Author's insights on the qualities of a good manager.
- Under protest, the charities fill the void. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/17/94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p8
Compares state welfare and voluntary charity, and notes that by demanding more government spending the Edmonton Food Bank may be lobbying against the best interests of the very people it is trying to assist. Higher percentage of private donations reach their destination than public funds; Costs...
- H.E.L.P. housing prototype at work in slum and suburb. P.D.S. // Architectural Record;May1991, Vol. 179 Issue 5, p20
Summarizes the success of the nonprofit New York State organization H.E.L.P. It's provided transitional housing in the city and the suburbs, designed by Alex Cooper. The housing designs include space for in-house counseling and day care.
- Charity begins with a budget. Brown, L. // Black Enterprise;Dec87, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p77
Answers questions concerning charitable contributions. Tells how to budget the amount you will spend for charity, how to investigate charities, and how to document your contributions. INSET: How to avoid bogus charities.;Putting charity on the payroll..
- More blacks join world war on disease, hunger. Hocker, W.C. // Black Enterprise;Jan1990, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p18
Reports on an increase in black philanthropic activity, particularly for international aid. Key black relief organizations; Focus on disease and hunger in the Third World.
- One down, a million to go... // Builders Merchants Journal;Jul95, p19
Reports on the renovation by the charity group Aid Workforce of a clinic in Alamor, Transylvania, Romania. Providing another clinic in another town; Calls for cash donation; Types of materials which can be donated to organization's cause.
- Another welcome drop in the ocean. // Builders Merchants Journal;Aug96, p14
Reports that northern charity Aid Workforce transformed the homes in Armeni, Transylvania for the better. Completion of second project; Projects in the planning stages; Contact information.
- My other car is a pink Rolls-Royce. // CA Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p6
Features the 100-car Beijing to Paris Motor Challenge with reference to the car driven by John Stuttard, Beijing-based chairman of Coopers & Lybrand China. Money Stuttard will raise from the rally for the Red Cross humanitarian projects in Nepal.
- Are you a Good Samaritan? // Current Health 2;Oct91, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p28
Examines the role of a Good Samaritan and the decision-making that is required to actually be helpful. Emergency action principles recommended by the American Red Cross.