Durham Pine wins football challenge
- INVINCIBOWL. Freeman, Scott // Atlanta;Dec2002, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p88
Focuses on football event Peach Bowl played at Grant Field in Atlanta, Georgia. Trajectory of the Peach Bowl; Year in which Peach Bowl moved indoors; Sponsor of the game.
- Five-a-side final. // Builders Merchants Journal;Dec95, p38
Reports on the grand final of the Thermalite/Builders Merchant Federation's Five-A-Side football extravaganza which took place at Ashton Villa Leisure Center on the October 29, 1995. Details on games; Finishing results.
- Football with nets and walls. Siegel, J. // Boys' Life;Jun91, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p8
Describes Arena football, an exciting game that seems more like football you play in the backyard than the professional games. Number of players; The size of the playing field; The nine teams in the Arena football league; Why it is popular with spectators.
- THE BEEF BOYS. Roessing, W. // Boys' Life;Oct91, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p18
Features five of the biggest linemen in the National Football League today. The foods they eat; Their performance on the field; Their weight; Howard Ballard; Dennis Brown; Ben Jefferson; Nate Newton; David Richards.
- The kickers. Blair, S. // Boys' Life;Nov91, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p28
Takes a look at some of the best kickers that have played professional football. Tom Dempsey; Pat Leahy; Lou Groza; Their style; Some of the great kickers of today.
- Mexico in the Super Bowl? Hmm... Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;1/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the staging of the AFTI Global Junior Championships, in football to be held in New Orleans, Louisiana. Date of the game; Expected participating countries; Price of admission to the game; Sponsor of the game; Examination of how other sports operate on an international level.
- It Hertz. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/17/2003, Issue 2590, p9
Features the first Autobowl Football tournament in Great Britain. Identification of Holiday Autos as the winner in the competition; Names of persons involved in the game.
- Blount, Shell and Wood welcomed in NFL Hall. // Jet;8/21/89, Vol. 76 Issue 20, p57
Reports on the induction of three black football players, Mel Blount, Art Shell, and Willie Wood into the NFL Hall of Fame.
- D.C. girls first to play on boys' football team. Cheers, D.M. // Jet;11/13/89, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p28
Reports on two Washington, D.C., girls who are members of their respective high schools' boys' football teams.