Quality must still rule the way
- M&S chief rejigs retail operation. Buxton, Philip // Marketing Week;4/22/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p6
Details Marks & Spencer Marketing Director James Benfield's restructuring plans for the retail operations of the company. Emphasis on offering the right range of products and services in the chain's different types of store; Appointment of four new retail managers.
- Furniture team in reshuffle at M&S. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;06/30/2000, Issue 5194, p4
Informs that Great Britain-based Marks & Spencer has reshuffled its furniture department management team.
- M&S: No Home roll-out. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Nov/Dec97, Issue 137, p6
States that Marks and Spencers (M&S) ruled out the possibility of a national roll-out of M&S Home, its homewares concept. Comment of M&S chairman on the Home store in York, England; Lessons learned by the company; Sales of the company; Financial status of the company.
- Marks & Spencer may regret its role as retailing's Citizen Kane. Bullmore, Jeremy // Marketing (00253650);7/1/1999, p18
Comments on British retailer Marks & Spencer. Disaster resulting from refusal to change and adapt to changing market conditions; Fallibility; Good news for customers.
- Knickers to Ikea. Roberts, Jane // Estates Gazette;6/15/2002, Issue 224, p57
Reports on the business expansions of British retailer Marks & Spencer into the food and home furnishings market in 2002. Description of the home furnishings stores; Priorities of the managing property team of the company; Set up in stores that sell food.
- Marketer's diary. // Marketing (00253650);7/7/2004, p28
This article presents information about various conference related to the marketing industry as of July 2004. Marketing's Older, Richer, Wiser conference, The Dorchester, London is scheduled to be held in July 8, 2004. July 10th is the scheduled date for port Relief, the British Broadcasting...
- M&S introduces eco-schoolwear. // Marketing (00253650);6/13/2007, p2
The article informs that Marks & Spencer PLC is extending its green credentials with a range of school clothing made from recycled plastic bottles. It is stated that this launch is part of the company's "Plan A" commitment to help customers reduce their impact on the environment and ensure that...
- When Goliaths start wobbling. Heller, Robert // Management Today;Jun99, p34
Analyzes management problems experienced by British company Marks & Spencer and American firm Levi Strauss. Garnering of accolades for managerial excellence; Report of massive lay-offs despite benevolent practices; Inadequacy of information systems in bringing about changes; Necessity of human...
- M&S needs to regain its middle class sensibilities. Murray, Iain // Marketing Week;5/20/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p74
Focuses on the business performance of Marks and Spencer Group PLC in Great Britain. Details on the criticisms of various consumers on the products of the company; Factors affecting the revenue growth of the firm; Increase on the level of competition.