TEENS AND EVEN PRE-TEENS: TRENDING YOUNGER
- Colleges rewrite the book on vegetarian cuisine. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;6/10/96, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p51
Focuses on the growth of vegetarian cuisine in college foodservices in the United States. Moral and ethical implications of vegetarianism; Students' reactions against meat analogs; Success of experimentations with vegetable pizza.
- TOUTING 'NON-MEAT' FOCUS Dallas schools expand vegetarian meals. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the plan to introduce vegetarian meals to the food service department of the Dallas Independent School District in Texas in 2001. Popularity of the salad prepared without meat; List of vegetable meals; Identification of students who prefer vegetable meals.
- Gaining a broader appeal. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p130
Focuses on the growing appeal of vegetarian selections in United States schools. Includes roasted vegetable pitas; Black bean pancake; Spinach turnovers; Baked potatoes with broccoli; Vegetarian pizza; Veggie burgers; Cheese pizza; Meatless nachos; Baked tofu.
- Building on the pyramid. Pearl, Anita // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p152
Reports on the introduction of vegetarian options in nutrition programs in schools in the United States. Nutrition-oriented nature of the School Lunch Program; Launching of the Agriculture Department's `Team Nutrition Schools Program'; Henderson County food service director Pamela Tamer's use...
- Easing Preparation Pressures: Cornell answers vegans' pleas. // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p6
Announces the opening of the vegan station called Mangia Verde at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. Comments from Ward Ganger, general manager, and Eileen Hughes, executive chef; Entrees offered; Approximate portions of sushi sold per day.
- AND OPTIMIZE COMMODITIES: Schools in Silicon Valley grow garden bar usage. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;02/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the popularity of garden bars in the elementary schools and middle schools in Santa Clara Unified School District in California. Basis of child nutrition services Manager Phyllis Lauper in making selections for the garden bars; Options at the middle and high schools; Popularity of...
- Only vegan meals served at California school. Taylor, Marygrace // Food Management Exclusive Insight;12/8/2015, p1
The article focuses on the decision of the teachers and faculty at the MUSE School, a private school in Calabasas, California, to serve vegan meals at the cafeteria starting the fall of 2015.
- Do You Want Your College or Other Food Service Operator to Serve More Vegetarian Options? Pickarski, Ron // Vegetarian Journal;2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p30
The article gives advice on how vegetarian students can get their school food service to serve more vegetarian options. According to the author, the first step is to find out how responsive the campus population is to vegetarian cuisine. It is also important to know the administrative and food...
- The Omnivore's Dilemma. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;7/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p30
The article looks at the U.S. vegetarian market. Data from the School Nutrition Association suggests that 64% of school nutrition programs have vegetarian offerings. Vegetarian consumption in schools is also discussed. Among the popular vegetarian products at the University in Bloomington are...