For feasts and more
- Roast Turkey. Sanna, Ellyn; Therrien, Patricia // Thanksgiving (American Regional Cooking Library);2004, p20
This section presents the Thanksgiving recipe Roast Turkey. INSET: Thanksgiving History.
- Turkey Gravy. Sanna, Ellyn; Therrien, Patricia // Thanksgiving (American Regional Cooking Library);2004, p22
This section presents the Thanksgiving recipe Turkey Gravy. INSET: Thanksgiving Tradition.
- Doing it the lard way. Trillin, Calvin // New Yorker;11/27/95, Vol. 71 Issue 38, p112
Comments on Thanksgiving cookery. Frying of whole turkey into gallons of hot lard; Hazards of cooking the turkey; Speculations on the history of the first Thanksgiving dinner.
- Updating the turkey, stuffing, and gravy. // People;11/15/93, Vol. 40 Issue 20, following p153
Recommends turkey, stuffing and gravy recipes for Thanksgiving meals. New England bread stuffing; Turkey gravy; Turkey breast with spinach-rice stuffing; Sourdough stuffing with wild mushrooms and apples; Creamy sage-giblet gravy; Honey-orange turkey. INSET: Make drippings healthy! (low-fat...
- From our kitchen. Hurst, Andria Scott // Southern Living;Nov2002, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p196
Provides the method of cooking roasted turkey for Thanksgiving meal. Type of turkey to be purchased; Procedure for thawing a turkey. INSET: Tips and Tidbits..
- TURKEY TIPS From the Pros. // InStyle;Nov2012, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p334
The article offers tips from chefs on cooking turkey for Thanksgiving Day.
- Talking turkey. Holm, Matthew // Country Living;Nov97, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p105
Presents some of the notable calls of Thanksgiving Dinner dilemmas placed to operators at the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line. Basting turkey with suntan oil; Cleaning turkey with bleach; Time it would take to cook the turkey. INSET: Feast fact sheet.
- Thanksgiving turkey. // Good Housekeeping;Nov94, Vol. 219 Issue 5, p150
Presents recipes for Thanksgiving turkey and other dishes. Includes cranberry relish; Salsa; Mashed vegetables; Roasted vegetables; Walnut gingerbread.
- Much ado about turkey. Berne, Suzanne // Vegetarian Times;Nov93, Issue 195, p46
Comments on the emphasis of cooking turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. Views of a vegetarian; How a traditional thanksgiving should be celebrated.