For fans in any form
- Turkey to-go. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p125
Focuses on the variety of turkey-based food items offered at foodservice facilities in the United States. Utilization of turkey's home-cooked tradition as a hot entree; Boneless white-meat turkey breast as the top choice in non-commercial foodservice; Use of turkey for patient meals as a...
- A menu 'regular'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p136
Features popular turkey entrees at hospital food service facilities in the United States. Morrison Health Care residents' preference for homestyle turkey; Turkey barbecue and turkey chili at the Lehigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pennsylvania; Mary Washington Hospital's commitment to use only...
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- Making anything portable. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
Offers a look at the breakfast service of three hospital cafeterias in the United States. Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida; Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; North Shore University Hospital in Plainview, New York.
- Fewer menu choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p110
Reports on trends in food service in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Introduction of beef dishes at Presbyterian Medical Center; Offering of traditional food fare at The Grace Plaza of Great Neck; Regularly menued beef items.
- Going beyond turkey club. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p128
Focuses on deli food operations in hospitals and healthcare facilities in the United States. Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport's offering of low fat deli meats; Health Choice meat products offered at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center's main cafeteria;...
- 3-D PICTURE MENU AIDS PEDIATRIC MEAL SERVICE. // Health Facilities Management;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the use of the Fisher-Price 'View Master,' a three-dimensional picture menu, by patients at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center as of April 2003. Features and mechanism; Benefits for children.
- Linking computers & phones. Grossbauer, Sue // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p170
Describes how foodservice executives in two United States hospitals linked computers and telephones to better manage the facilities' menu process. Process-analysis for patient menus; Interactive voice response systems; Integrated solution offered by Vision Software Technologies Inc. and...
- HOSPITAL SERVES UP ETHNIC SMORGASBORD. // Health Facilities Management;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the traditional food offerings at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois as of July 1, 2003. Purpose of its expanded offerings of traditional food; Result of a tasting session conducted by the hospital for staff, interpreters and the press.