2000: 1st census finds contractors own 29% of sales
- At CoreStates Ctr. in Phila.: Food for all tastes...and 114 points-of-sale. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p202
Focuses on the food service business at the CoreStates Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Features of the center's food service area; Offering of food options throughout the arena; Beverage innovations; Changes in action stations and bistro menus. INSET: The challenge: Food logistics on 5...
- Contractors vie for bottom-line victories via new pro sports teams, enhanced venues. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;9/11/95, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p43
Focuses on the efforts of contract food companies to tap in the growing market on stadiums and sports arenas in the United States. Increase in fan attendance; Efforts of major cities to build and renovate sports facilities; Expansion in the role of the contract companies in sport franchises;...
- Baseball play-offs are windfalls for concessionaires--if they happen. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/14/96, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p20
Focuses on the benefits of baseball play-offs to food concessionaires in light of the finalization of eight-team field for the Major League Baseball playoffs. Concessionaires selected by league; Background on the average gross for concessionaires of a good season; Downside of the trend.
- A new crop of sports stadiums means big business for foodservice providers. King // Nation's Restaurant News;10/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 40, p18
Reports on the emergence of new professional stadiums and arenas in the United States that could mean business for foodservice providers. Major cities with new sports facilities; Venues as opportunities for the industry to showcase its dining operations.
- Wood Expands to Stadium. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p28
Talks about the contract of The Wood Co. to provide food service to the Lehigh Valley Stadium in Easton, Pennsylvania. Variety of services that Wood will provide to the stadium; Entrees for the corporate clientele; Past clients of Wood.
- Let Me Call You a Suite Cart. // Food Management;Apr2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p62
Focuses on the catering at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. Display of food in a three-in-one cart; Types of food offered.
- Set to Open 5 New Facilities: Levy's pro sports strategy. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p26
Reports that Levy Restaurants has been selected to provide dining services for suite holders and club members of five professional sports facilities that will open before the end of 1999 in the United States. List of the sports facilities; Portfolio of Levy's major league sports partners since...
- One Year Later: Viad's ProDine eyes stadiums. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on the foodservice operations of ProDine Inc. on sports and recreation facilities in Phoenix, Arizona. Basis for the anticipation of strong business growth for the company; Information on its agreement with ARAMARK not to engage in foodservice business in the workplace sector; Objective...
- Skating Food Report. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Apr/May2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p114
Provides information on the food service at several skating areas in the U.S. Skateland in Savoy, Illinois; Scottie's Skateland in Quincy, Illinois; Skate America Roller Skating Center in Grove City, Ohio; Cal Skate of Milpitas in California.