MADE OF LIMESTONE, STARCH: Bon Appetit goes green
- WASTE INDUSTRY BRIEFS. // Waste News;7/7/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p6
Presents news briefs related to the U.S. waste industry as of July 17, 2003. Contract awarded by the U.S. Department of Energy to Westinghouse Savannah River Co.; Partnership between Columbus, Ohio-based Redemtech and non-profit organization Operation Homelink; Approval received by EarthShell...
- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT. // FoodService Director;11/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p8
This article offers news briefs on the U.S. food service industry, as of November 15, 2005. Several food service management firms have embraced the use of trans fat-free oils. Bon Appetit Management Co. has announced it will use only cage-free shell eggs in its dining services. A chart of...
- BARGAINING RIGHTS. // FoodService Director;4/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the college foodservice union contract between Bon AppÃ©tit Management Co. and American University in Washington, D.C., which guarantees food service workers receive 16 hours of paid training every year on sustainable food preparation and cooking practices.
- Bon Appetit looks to certify managers. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/96, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p16
Reports on Bon Appetit Management Co.'s efforts to certify its unit managers in safety and sanitation.
- Bon Appetit sets a new course. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the realignment of the executive management team at Bon Appetit Management Company. Award won by Debi Benedetti, the former vice president of the corporate foodservice division; Executive changes made; Comments from Benedetti.
- EARTHSHELL `BIG MAC' CONTAINER GETTING IN-STORE VALIDATION. // Industrial Environment;May2000, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p1
Reports that EarthShell Corp. has improved its biodegradable packaging material system for the food service industry.
- Contract feeders set their sights on healthful, ecofriendly practices. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;7/23/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 29, p88
The article reports that contract foodservice brands in the periodical's Second 100 are seeking to increase their sales in the U.S. by focusing on healthful, eco-friendly practices. Delaware North Cos. and Bon Appetit Management Co. have made efforts to introduce more sustainably harvested or...
- Contract operators drive sales growth with upscale offerings. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/24/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p76
The article reports that contract food service operators in the Second 100 group of the 2006 survey of Nation's Restaurants News are increasing their sales through upscale, healthful and portable meals. They are promoting the use of organic and sustainably raised ingredients. Offering high-end...
- Wrapture! // Food Management;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p70
The article focuses on the suggestions of some experts in the food service industry regarding food wraps. Gina Fusco, director of retail food service at Bon Appetit Management Co., said that customers have the option to build their own wrap from 60 different ingredients. Also Alison Negrin,...