FOR NON-COMMERCIAL OPERATORS: HOLIDAY SALES ADD BOOST
- US holiday apparel sales "up 1-3%". Woodard, Richard // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);1/9/2015, p1
The article presents a reprint of the article "US holiday apparel sales "up 1-3%," by Richard Woodard, which appeared on just-style.com website on January 6, 2015. It discusses the increase of holiday sales of apparel in the U.S., the outlook to limited newness in apparel trends, and the shift...
- Restaurant Sales Should Increase. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/7/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the expected growth in food and beverage sales in Michigan and the Great Lakes region in 2005 according to the Michigan Restaurant Association. Reasons for the minimal growth in the restaurant business; Percentage of sales increase in states with improved economies; Rise in...
- Holiday sales forecast is promising, but retailers remain cautious. // Drug Store News;10/6/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p3
Reports on forecasts concerning 2003 holiday sales for retailers in the United States. Inclusion of the growth of the U.S. economy in time for the holidays; National Retail Federation's (NRF) definition of holiday sales; Figures indicating that the chain drug industry will see an increase in...
- Early Signs Of Some Holiday Cheer. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/7/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p3
The author discusses the TWICE Distributor Holiday Preview of the journal "TWICE," which focuses on the profitability and sales growth during holiday seasons.
- GPS Makers Gas Up for Christmas Battle Royale. Miller, Steve // Brandweek;10/29/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 39, p7
The article discusses how Global Positioning Systems (GPS) are projected to be a much sought after item during the 2007 holiday season. The article explains that GPS systems rank second only to high-definition televisions in terms of which consumer electronics category will have the strongest...
- Rising costs may hurt outlook for foodservice. Spielberg, Susan // Nation's Restaurant News;9/26/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 39, p4
Cites a study projecting an increase of foodservice sales in the U.S. for the fourth quarter of 2005. Impact of the expected sales increase on the performance of the hospitality industry; Forecast of the growth of gross domestic product and disposable personal income; Outlook of the negative...
- Industry eyes 15th year of real growth in '06. Spielberg, Susan // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p1
The article presents the outlook for the food service industry in the U.S. Consumers are expected to continue to allocate more food dollars to away-from-home dining which would contribute to the continued growth of the industry. The National Restaurant Association forecasts that restaurants will...
- IFMA forecast: Foodservice sales up 4.4% for 2004. Spielberg, Susan // Nation's Restaurant News;10/4/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p5
Reports on the projections of Technomic Inc. on the U.S. food service industry. Sales increase; Effect of highers costs of food and gas and rising interest rates on the economic recovery; Growth rate of sales in food service.
- Rite Aid forecasts strong holiday sales. Tosh, Mark // Drug Store News;10/22/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p3
Presents information on the sales expectations of Rite Aid for the holidays season of 2001. Factors which contribute to the optimistic sales outlook; Projections of same-store sales; Financial performance in the third quarter of the same year.