ROUND-THE-CLOCK EFFORTS CONTINUE: Foodservice turns out in droves for support
- New Yorkers' light shines. // Christian Science Monitor;9/28/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 214, p23
Presents reflections on living in New York City, in light of terrorist attacks on the city, and of the nobleness of the efforts of rescue workers.
- BODY RETRIEVAL. Giordano, Tom // Fire Engineering;Sep2002, Vol. 155 Issue 9, p124
Reports on the retrieval of bodies of victims of the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in Manhattan Island in New York on September 11, 2001. Difficulty in identifying bodies; Emotional response to the numerous deaths resulting from the collapse of the twin towers; Reverence...
- Blood, Sweat and Prayers. MacDonald, Gordon // Christianity Today;11/12/2001, Vol. 45 Issue 14, p44
Presents excerpts from a diary which deal with rescue operations for the victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in New York City.
- SAVING GRACE. // People;9/24/2001, Vol. 56 Issue 13, p74
Focuses on rescue workers in New York City who responded to the terrorist attack on the World Trade Centers on September 11, 2001.
- To the Rescue! Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Appleseeds;Mar2003, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on the role played by rescue workers at the World Trade Center site following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Number of firefighters and police officers who died during the rescue work; Appreciation of the efforts by police officers and firefighters to the society.
- Texas Task Force responds to terrorist attack. // IIE Solutions;Dec2001, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the deployment of the Texas Task Force 1 urban search and rescue team to rescue victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in New York City. Industrial engineer who led the team; Accomplishments of the task force at the World Trade Center site;...
- On the road to recovery. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;2/11/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the recovery of the food service economy following the September 11 terrorist attacks in New England. Increase in the sales of casual-dining restaurant chains; Decline of the Massachusetts' Index of Leading Economic Indicators; Growth of international travel.
- Red Cross rethinks Sept. 11 benefit payout. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p3
Reports the cash gifts given to families of terrorist attack victims in the New York, New York. Source of the funds; Subsidy for Red Cross programs; Financing means of the programs.
- Wall Street Raises 100 Million for Survivors and Victim's Families. // On Wall Street;Nov2001, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p11
Reports that financial institutions in Wall Street, New York raised funds for victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Amount of fund raised by the American Stock Exchange; Details on a relief fund established by Cantor Fitzgerald LP; Donation made by Edward...