AT HIGH SCHOOL JAVA CITY KIOSK: COFFEE GOES DOWN EASY
- Hip, Healthy Cafe Helps High School Up Sales. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jul2004, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p0
Focuses on the Health Nut Cafe at Hopkins High School in Hopkins, Minnesota. College-style deli station offering to-order sandwiches made with a choice of natural ingredient breads, premium meats and fresh toppings; Conceptualization of the cafe by Hopkins food service director Bertrand Weber;...
- TWO MORE THIS MONTH: Brevard County make-overs continue in two high-schools. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p18
Deals with the efforts of the Brevard County School Food Services to renovate high school cafeterias in Florida. Goal of the effort; Concepts used at Bayside High School and other renovated high schools; Overall reaction to the renovated facilities.
- MORE VEGGIES, JUICE AT GLENDALE. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p12
Looks at the trends in foodservice operations at California secondary schools as of February 15, 2003. Impact of the addition of a serve-yourself-condiment bar in the barbecue grills at some of the schools; Features and advantages of the vegetable bar; Introduction of juice options in school...
- IN HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH: Othello School District eyes `budget branding'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the installation of theme foodcourts at Othello School District's high schools in Washington State. Concepts of the foodcourts in the schools; Percent gain in snack sales.
- At San Bernardino HS: '50s cafeteria redesign lifts lunch vol. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the increase in cafeteria business at San Bernardino High School, California following a renovation and implementation of a 1950s theme in the Getaway Cafe. Description of the cafeteria's design; Reactions of the students to the design; Cost of the renovation.
- MORE STUDENTS IN PITTSBURGH: KEYSTONE COPS NEW SALES. // FoodService Director;3/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the increased lunch participation of students at Keystone Oaks High School in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania since the opening of the Eagles Nest food court at the campus. Percentage of increase in reimbursable meal numbers; Goal of establishing the food court; Menus offered at Eagles Nest.
- Stealth Nutritionist. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p28
The article focuses the Unified Meal Plan (UMP) created by assistant foodservice director Tim Mertz for a high school in Henrico County in Richmond, Virginia. The program serves the needy population at schools without affecting paying students. He created the UMP to address the decline in sales...
- School Adds Subway Concept. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that Kecoughtan High School in Hampton City, Virginia has opened a Subway food service concept station. Julia Bryant, director of food and nutrition services, says she has decided to put the Subway in because of customer suggestions. Bryant adds that the Subway sandwiches fit...
- NEWS/INNOVATION. // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
The article presents an update on school food service in the U.S. as of February 15, 2007. The renovation of cafeteria at Muscatine High School in Iowa has increased lunch volume to more than 500%. The nutrition services department at Bartow County School in Cartersville, Georgia has decided to...