SAYS GOVT. AUDITOR: Military needs new policy for operating branded f/s
- FROM STRATEGY TO LOGISTICS. Clark, Timothy B. // Government Executive;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on preparations made by the U.S. forces to meet the logistical challenge in the war against Iraq. Improvement of military facilities; Announcement made by the U.S. Air Force regarding the shortening of bombing runs of its B-2 bomber fleet; Other improvements made in tanks and weapons.
- U.S. national support element operations. Marshall, Timothy J. // Army Logistician;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p18
Describes how a national support element in the Hungarian towns of Kaposvar and Taszar provided as a secure environment from which United States armed forces staged deployments into Bosnia in 1995. Preparation of the Taszar site; Infrastructure improvements; Continuous restructuring of the...
- One Thousand U.S. Foreign Military Bases? // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);3/28/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p1
The article focuses on the undetermined actual number of U.S. military bases in 130 foreign countries.
- U.S. Military Bases and Empire. // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Mar2002, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on the official stance of the U.S. toward military bases after World War II. Discussion on how bases are acquired during wars; Description of the nation's extensive system of military bases; Total number of U.S. overseas bases.
- Remarks to the Community at Camp Foster Marine Base in Okinawa. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/31/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p1666
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President Bill Clinton, on July 22, 2000, which deals with the military servicemen at Camp Foster Marine Base in Okinawa, Japan.
- Return to Somalia: The construction of Victory Base. Davis, Robert L.; Feierstein, Mark D. // Engineer;Apr94, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the second deployment of the United States 43rd Engineer Combat Battalion in Mogadishu, Somalia to construct the Victory Base, a 1,700-soldier base camp. Preparation for the deployment; Four phases of the Base construction; Lessons learned during the stay in Somalia.
- Local Employees Might Not Feel Effects of BRAC. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;5/2/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p20
Reports on the impact of the Pentagon's upcoming round of military base closures on local employees in the United States. Overview of the Base Realignment and Closure process; Defense spending in San Diego; Economic implications of base closures; Advantages of San Diego's base.
- IRAQ-U.S. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);11/10/2011, Vol. 199 Issue 5214, p12
The article reports on the move of the U.S. forces to hand the control of the Joint Base Balad (JBB), formerly Balad Air Base known as Al-Bakr Air Base, to Iraq.
- Federal Government: Major Military Installations. // Texas Almanac;2016/2017, p549
A list of the major military installations in Texas in 2015 is presented which includes the U.S. Navy's Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, the U.S. Army's Fort Bliss, and the U.S. Air Force's Brooks City Base.