What 'Hybrid' Means for Cooling
- Company donates portable units to animal shelter. // Snips;Oct2008, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p71
The article reports that MovinCool donated portable cooling systems to the Dawson County Humane Society for its animal shelter in Dawsonville, Georgia. According to it, the group ran out of money before the installation of air conditioning in the dog kennels. It adds that the units donated are...
- Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/6/2012, Vol. 246 Issue 14, p8
The article offers brief information on the EvolutionÂ® Series two-stage air conditioner and heat pump with CoastGuardâ„¢ protection from Bryant Heating & Cooling Systems.
- Application of an Optimum Design of Cooling Water System by Regeneration Concept and Pinch Technology for Water and Energy Conservation. Ataei, A.; Panjeshahi, M. H.; Parand, R.; Tahouni, N. // Journal of Applied Sciences;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p1847
In this study, using a combination of Pinch Technology and Mathematical Programming, a new technique is presented in order to grass-root design for a cooling water system to achieve minimum total annual cost. The presented technique is further improved by using patterns from the concept of...
- Bad news for climate in Vic. Courtice, Ben // Green Left Weekly;4/4/2012, Issue 917, p4
The article discusses the elimination of greenhouse emissions reduction target by the state government of Victoria.
- Trane air conditioner wins green award. // Snips;Feb2010, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p28
The article reports that "Building Products" magazine has named Trane air conditioners as its 2009 Green Product Award winner.
- The Role Of The Metering Device In An Air-Conditioning System. Wheeler, Jim // Supply House Times;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p70
Provides information on different types of refrigerant metering devices used in air-conditioning systems. Details on capillary tubes used on builder-model air conditioners; Advantages in using metering orifices; Benefits of electronic expansion valves.
- PTAC options for limited-service hotels. // Hotel Management (21582122);4/9/2012, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on how small hotels should upgrade their packaged terminal air conditioning equipments (PTAC) when they can't afford bigger heating, ventilation and air-conditioning equipments (HVAC).
- The time is now for HVAC replacement. // Hotel Management (21582122);4/9/2012, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p34
The article reports that this is the right time for hoteliers to invest in heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment, according to Jonathan Byrnes, LG Electronics USA's vertical market manager for hospitality.
- A little late to pick a CAFE number. Crain, KEITH // Automotive News;7/11/2011, Vol. 85 Issue 6472, p12
The article presents the author's comments on the efforts of the U.S. federal government to address the energy problems facing the nation.