CODES & STANDARDS
- PC...MIP creates a universal socket. Rubin, Kim // Electronic Design;03/23/98, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p107
Presents information on the technology standards while focusing on the launching of the PC...MIP standard by SBS GreenSpring Menlo Park, California in collaboration with MEN Mikro Electronik Nurnburg, Nurnburg, Germany. Identification of the company in which they have joined with; Sponsorship...
- Ask the manager. // Design News;2/21/94, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p40
Answers some questions concerning ISO 9000 standards. Specifications that apply to design and development activities; Adoption of ISO 9000 standard series.
- International building standards recognised. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Sep95, p12
Reports on the recognition of international building standards in Vietnam according to Vice Minister of Construction Nguyen Manh Kiem. Requirement for a written submission of construction standards to the ministry before granting building permissions.
- Performance specs for design/build. // Architectural Record;Sep1996, Vol. 184 Issue 9, p39
Reports on the plans of the Construction Specifications Institute and the Design-Build Institute to develop a master guide for writing performance specifications.
- ASTM Int'l. releases two new building standards compilations. // Concrete Products;Oct2003, Vol. 106 Issue 10, pPC18
Reports on the American Society for Testing and Materials' release of building standards compilations. ASTM Standards in Building Codes; ASTM International Standards on Sustainability in Buildings.
- Interface gudeline simplifies mixing of sensors, actuators. Wingo, Walter // Design News;11/17/97, Vol. 53 Issue 22, p26
Reports on an engineering standard which can simplify the difficult task of interfacing smart transducers, into the many different types of proprietary networks, within the engineering industry. Mention of the company which employed the standard; Who developed the standard; Purpose of the standard.
- Code guide. // CEE News;Jul98, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p30
Responds to questions concerning the National Electrical Code (NEC) in the United States. Position in running medium voltage and low voltage in the same wireway; Ampacity reduction factor in Note 8 of the NEC Tables 310-16; Guidelines in grounding a step-down transformer.
- And now...the top 10 changes to the 1999 NE Code. Williams, Noel // CEE News;Sep98, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p1
Discusses the ten biggest changes incorporated in the proposed `1999 National Electrical Code.' Includes temperature limitations; Dedicated equipment space; Arc-fault circuit interrupter protection; Supervised industrial installations; Circuit integrity cable; Raceways for communications wires...
- Final 1999 NE Code changes. Bierals, Gregory P. // CEE News;Sep98, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p12
Part I. Features major changes incorporated in the proposed 1999 National Electrical Code of the United States. Includes requirements for electrical installation; Wiring and protection; Outside branch circuits and feeders; Grounding; Wiring methods and materials.