Manufacturers Cautiously Optimistic About Economy in 2011, Survey Says
- Leader. // Cabinet Maker;6/10/2011, Issue 5741, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including the voice of small business survey, a temporary to permanent contract,and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecast for Great Britain's economy.
- Survey: New York retailers express optimism for holiday sales. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/4/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p5
The article reports on the survey conducted by the Retail Council of New York State, which revealed that 62 percent of the retailers surveyed in New York expect holiday sales in 2011 to be similar or better than 2010.
- A ray of optimism. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/14/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 51, p1A
Cites a survey which reveals that despite economic recession in the U.S., Long Island, New York business owners remain confident about the local economy and many plan to expand in 2002. Expectations of several business owners to make profits in 2002; Economic problems faced by business owners...
- Outlook improves. // Construction Europe;Mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the positive outlook of the European construction industry as presented in the Construction Europe (CE) Barometer survey.
- May CBI survey reveals weaker order books for manufacturers. // Engineer (Online Edition);5/23/2012, p6
The article cites a Confederation of British Industry (CBI) May 2012 Industrial Trends Survey of 451 manufacturers which shows weaker order books, an outlook of slower expected output growth pace over the next 3 months and a slightly firmer output price inflation in the same period.
- EMPLOYMENT PICTURE AND CFO OPTIMISM BLEAK. // USA Today Magazine;Nov2010, Vol. 139 Issue 2786, p6
The article offers information on the findings of a 2010 Duke University/"CFO Magazine" Global Business Outlook Survey that highlighted chief financial officers' forecast of minimal increase in expected hiring, weak consumer demand and heightened economic uncertainty.
- Reports Forecast Slower Growth for Membrane Markets. Laughlin, James // WaterWorld;Mar2009, Vol. 25 Issue 3, Special section p2
The author reflects on the result of the survey conducted by Mcllvaine Co., which states that the membrane market will have a slow growth amidst economic downturn. He relates that the forecast manifests a series of postponement in capital investments and greater decrease in manufacturing output....
- Supply Execs Give Mixed Review To Second Half. Olsztynski, Jim // Supply House Times;Jul2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p17
Highlights the 65th Semiannual Forecast from the Business Survey Committee of the Institute for Supply Management in the U.S. Anticipation of percentage of growth in manufacturing revenues; Expectation of the greatest improvement over 2002; Need to overcome major concern of a weak economy.
- Rockland's niche economics. Iarocci, Mary Sue // Westchester County Business Journal;12/29/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 52, p44
The article discusses the survey on the economic outlook for 2009 in Rockland County in New York. The survey was conducted online by the Rockland Business Association (RBA) and it found that 80 percent of the respondents believe that the county is a good place to own a business while 40 percent...