Teaming Up to Fight Piracy
- Notice of Agreement Filed. Gregory, Karen V. // Federal Register;6/27/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 124, p38288
The article presents information that the U.S. Federal Maritime Commission is soliciting comments on agreements to be filed by Mediterranean Shipping Co. SA and A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S for chartering space in Panama, the U.S. East and Gulf Coasts.
- Follow the leader. Bonney, Joseph // Journal of Commerce (15307557);3/10/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p6
The article looks at the operation of A.P. Moller-Maersk under the leadership of its chief executive officer, Nils S. Andersen. According to the author, Andersen has a clear understanding of container shipping and its problems and posibilities. He cites the opinion of Andersen in the decision of...
- Marine Industry Profile: France. // Marine Industry Profile: France;May2009, p1
Presents a profile of the Marine industry in France. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry;...
- WEATHERING THE STORM. Ferrulli, Gary // Journal of Commerce (15307557);6/14/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p50
The article discusses the recovery of the shipping industry. It describes the trends of losses and earnings among shipping companies and reports showing that A.P. Moller-Maersk is selling various stakes of its business while Mediterranean Shipping Co. is not presenting its financial status. It...
- Marine Industry Profile: Global. // Marine Industry Profile: Global;Mar2009, p1
Presents a profile of the Marine industry in the World. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry;...
- CARRIERS PRICING TO MOVE. Leach, Peter T.; Mongelluzzo, Bill // Journal of Commerce (15307557);8/10/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p10
The article focuses on the impact of the economic downturn on companies in the shipping industry. Costs in managing shipping operations have resulted in conflicts as some carriers such as Maersk and Mediterranean Shipping Co. have opted to increase their rates, while others have continued to cut...
- 2 Maersks are better than 1. Reed, Arthur // Air Transport World;Jul96, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p55
Focuses on the structure of A.P. Moller's two Maersk airlines, operating from Denmark and England. Background on the Maersk Air in Denmark; Background on the Maersk Air Ltd. in Birmingham; Growth and development of both businesses; Efforts within the two airlines to expand their operations. ...
- Maersk expands feeder service to Japan and China. // Traffic World;10/31/94, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p25
Reports that A.P. Moller-Maersk is launching a new fixed-day, weekly feeder service between China and Kobe, Japan. Tie-in with eastbound transpacific strings to both the East and West coasts; Capacity of dedicated feeder vessels; Schedule of shipments.
- `Green' means discount. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar95, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p21
Reports that Eleo Maersk of Denmark's A.P. Moller/Maersk shipping line received a Green Award Certificate for its environmental integrity. Purpose of the award.