Complete this sentenceâ€¦
- BBC acquisitions post for McGhee. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/25/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 47, p79
Carlton Cinema director George McGhee has been named head of BBC program acquisitions, replacing Sophie Turner Laing, who left two months ago as of March 2003, to join British Sky Broadcasting PLC. McGhee, who was head of acquisitions at Carlton Cinema from 1994â€“ 98 and head of...
- Chippendale lands Yahoo! media post. // Campaign;8/26/2005, Issue 35, p2
This article reports that ten months after leaving Sky, Mark Chippendale, its former sales director, has re-emerged as the vice-president of media sales for Yahoo! Europe. In the new role, Chippendale will develop Yahoo!'s media sales strategy and build its profile in the advertising community....
- Resignation repeat results in board-level HR position. // Personnel Today;5/4/2004, p3
This article reports that BSkyB Group PLC's group Human Resource (HR) director, HÃ©lÃ¨ne Ferguson, has resigned, the second HR chief to leave in less than a year. But the move has created a board-level HR post for the incoming director. Ferguson joined Sky in 2000 as the company's first...
- MEDIA: IN BRIEF. // Campaign;2/4/2005, Issue 6, p12
The article presents information related to the media. The Business has entered into agreements with the publishers Conde Nast, Dennis Publishing and Time & Fortune International to distribute copies of their magazines with The Business through newsagents in the London area. Viacom Brand...
- British Sky Broadcasting. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;8/26/96 Supplement Creators, Vol. 364 Issue 4, p62
Profiles British Sky Broadcasting. Company background; Business operations; Financial performance.
- British Sky Broadcasting. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 368 Issue 3, p44
Features media and entertainment company British Sky Broadcasting. Impact of the double resignation of chief executive Sam Chisholm and his deputy David Chance; Implications of departure from the British Digital Broadcasting consortium; Withdrawal from its agreement to acquire stake of the...
- The global 50. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;8/28/95 90th Anniversay Issue, Vol. 360 Issue 4, p48
Reports on the business performance of British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC. Dominance in the United Kingdom (UK); Challenges faced by the company; BSkyB's membership in a consortium bidding for UK's Channel 5 license.
- BSkyB eyes move into U.K. film market. Boehm, Erich // Variety;04/21/97, Vol. 366 Issue 12, p8
Reports on British Sky Broadcasting's rumored plans to enter the film market in Great Britain. Plans to create a new division called BSkyB Films for the purpose.
- BSkyB lineup dishing out Par, Dis, History channels. Kaye, Jeff // Hollywood Reporter;10/3/95, Vol. 339 Issue 12, p4
Announces that British Sky Broadcasting will add seven channels to its multichannel package including a Paramount Television mix of old and current series from the studio. Total number of channels; Offer of premium service on the Disney Channel UK; Launching of new channels.