No legal privilege in-house
- CASE NOTES. // Accountancy;Nov2010, Vol. 146 Issue 1407, p77
The article discusses court cases related to business law in Great Britain. The European Court of Justice (ECJ) rejected the argument of Akzo Nobel Chemicals Limited that an inhouse lawyer subject to a professional code of conduct by a national regulatory body is independent as an external...
- Akzo Nobel Chemicals a `model' business neighbor. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/08/96, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p13
Reports on the business operations of Akzo Nobel Chemicals Inc. Founding history; Company growth; Plant location; Generosity toward university-based research grants; Community contributions.
- Akzo gets joint certification. // Quality;Aug96, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the awarding of a joint certification to draft international standard/ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 to Akzo Nobel Chemical's Lemoyne plant in Axis, Alabama.
- Akzo aims for market lead. Pfeifer, Sylvia // Chemical Week;5/7/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 18, p20
Provides information on the phosphorus chemicals plant operated by Akzo Nobel in Bitterfeld, Germany. Reason for selecting Bitterfeld as the site for the plant; Akzo's chemical sales in 1996; Expansion of the Akzo's chemicals business; Company's goal.
- On the pricing front. McCoy, Michael // Chemical Market Reporter;05/05/97, Vol. 251 Issue 18, p20
Reports that Akzo Nobel Chemicals Inc. will increase the offlist price of its Phosflex nonhalogenated phosphate esters on June 1, 1997.
- On the pricing front. Krivyakina, Marina // Chemical Market Reporter;12/2/96, Vol. 250 Issue 23, p28
Reports on Akzo Nobel Chemicals Ltd.'s surface chemistry and polymer chemicals business' plan to increase the prices of its fatty nitrogen derivative surfactants starting January 1, 1997.
- Houston Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/06/99, Vol. 256 Issue 23, p32
Reports on the fire at a unit of the Deer Park metal alkyls plant of Akzo Nobel Chemicals on Battleground Road, Deer Park, Texas on November 29, 1999. Number of workers injured; Duration of the fire.
- Akzo Nobel wins top awards. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jan95, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p2
Reports that Akzo Nobel Chemicals Ltd. has was honored with the Management Accounting Achievement of the Year award at the Accountancy Age Awards in November 1994.
- Akzo awarded first U.S. certification. Stringer, Judy // Chemical Week;6/19/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 24, p19
Reports on Akzo Nobel Chemical's plant at Axis, Alabama's receipt of International Standards Organization (ISO) 14001 certification. Reason for the decision to seek ISO certification; Comment by Kay Higby, Akzo Responsible Care superintendent.