LINKS & NOTES
- management tools. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;7/19/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 123, p3
The article offers tips on managing various employment cases including background checks during employment hiring, avoidance of bias phrases, and immediate resolution on employee disputes.
- Reality check. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Mar97, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p10
Reports that executives spend 20 per cent of their time trying to resolve disputes between staff members based on the report of `Fortune' magazine.
- Supervisor pitches in. // Plant Engineering;Oct2003, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p36
Deals with the issue of conflict between employees in carrying out their assigned tasks in the workplace. Case of a supervisor who undertakes a task that has not been assigned to him; Objection of the employee who is supposed to handle the work; Advice offered for the case.
- Perform Strikes. A Case Study. Malo, Enrico Mora // Qualitative Sociology Review;Apr2009, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p28
In this paper we show the results of an analysis of the production of individual class subjectivities in the context of strikes among both those in favour and those against. Among the several processes going on in the production of subjectivities of class, we consider strikes because we want to...
- Crow accuses HR of lacking the skills to resolve disputes. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;2/11/2003, p13
Focuses on comments of Rail and Maritime Transport Union leader Bob Crow on ability of human resource (HR) personnel to resolve industrial disputes. Need for practical training of HR personnel in industrial relations to resolve disputes; Suggestions of Crow for HR personnel to foster good...
- Disputes better settled by talks and not in court. Evans, Jill // People Management;7/15/2010, p10
The article reports on personnel management experts' opinion, including those by Jonathan Donovan of HMRC and Jim McInally of BT Group, that industrial or labor disputes in Great Britain are best resolved by talks instead of lawsuits.
- Talking Italian. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;6/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on the personnel management style of Pizza Express. Details on a 1999 wage dispute encountered by the company; How problems with employees are settled; Results of the forums conducted by the firm.
- Case round-up. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;8/19/2003, p12
Provides information about various cases on labor disputes in Great Britain. Claims of unlawful deduction of wages by employees of a local authority; Dismissal of a social worker during internal investigation into allegations of improper conduct towards a minor.
- HR Academy expands products. EUTON, BEAU // Smart Business Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p14
It's an unfortunate fact of business - over the last 20 years, lawsuits brought on by a company's employees are up 400 percent. Businesses are constantly striving to stay ahead of the game as it relates to employeremployee relations, seeking information and tools to protect the business from...