Online accessibility legal duty
- How to… treat disabled employees fairly. Brook, Claire // GP: General Practitioner;12/7/2007, p40
The article offers suggestions for the general practice (GPs) employers related to the precautions they should take in case of disabled employees as per the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA). As stated, GPs need to ensure equal opportunity when they are recruiting disabled...
- Psychiatric Disabilities & the ADA: An Analysis of Conventional Defenses & EEOC Guidelines. Starnes, Sarah // Review of Litigation;Winter99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p181
Examines what a mentally disabled worker must prove to pursue an Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) claim and the major theories used by employers to terminate the employment of the mentally ill in the U.S. Requirements for employees pursuing a discrimination case under the ADA; Employee...
- DRC seeks responses to amend Act. // Mental Health Practice;Oct2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the Disability Rights Commission (DRC) of England's call for responses from people affected by changes to the employment provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA). Draft codes of practice developed by the DRC to support the amended legislation.
- Giving disabled people equal protection in the workplace. Williams, Audrey // People Management;03/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p45
Considers the employment implications of the disability discrimination bill. Effectiveness and benefactors of the bill; How the bill defines disability; Penalties imposed and exceptions on the bill.
- The Simon Heng column A service user's view of social care. // Community Care;2/2/2006, Issue 1608, p22
The article focuses on the plans of the British government for incapacity benefit reform. It includes providing financial incentives and a guarantee that individuals who are genuinely incapable of work can return to their original benefit levels if their return to employment is unsuccessful. The...
- RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN EMPLOYMENT LAW. Pope, Lucetta D. // Indiana Law Review;2006, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p925
The article discusses the developments in the employment law in Indiana based on a survey from October 1, 2004 to September 30, 2005. It addresses issues concerning Age Discrimination in Employment Act. The supreme court has interpreted Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 which...
- Employer concerns about hiring persons with psychiatric disability: Results of the employer... Diksa, Edward; Rogers, E. Sally // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Sep96, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p31
Presents information on employers' concerns about hiring persons with physical disabilities by collecting and correlating those concerns with a variety of employer characteristics. Identification of employer attitudes that are barriers to employment; Analysis of whether concerns vary by industry.
- Strategies for Hiring, Training and Supervising Job Coaches. Grossi, Teresa A.; Test, David W.; Ketil, Patricia K. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jul-Sep91, Vol. 57 Issue 3
Provides strategies for managers of supported employment program in hiring, training and supervising job coaches for the handicapped. Recruitment of potential candidates; Identification of top candidates for interviews; Provision of training for the job coach.
- Disability won't stop workers. McShulskis, Elaine // HR Magazine;Dec1997, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p24
Reports that if they were disabled, 93% of United States workers would want to return to work, according to a survey by Portland, Maine-based UNUM Life Insurance Company. Reasons why employees would go back to work despite disability; View of workers for the accommodation of disabled people by...