How HR made a difference
- Firms urged to do more for staff with disabilities. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Nov2011, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) urges employers to adopt proactive employment retention policies so they can retain experienced staff members who acquire a disability or long-term health condition on their working life in great Britain.
- Changing employment mindsets. Ndweni, Buhle // Finweek;6/6/2013, p46
The article discusses the advocacy of recruitment agency Beyond Ability Talent Solutions owner Ntsoaki Phali to bring change in the employment mindsets of people with disabilities in South Africa. It notes that the agency negotiates for devices, facilities and software programs pertinent to the...
- The crossroads: Focusing on customers in job placement. Coco, Frank // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Nov/Dec96 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p12
Discusses how the employment placement programs for individuals who are blind and visually impaired meet the needs of both job seekers and employers. Responsibilities of public and private providers of employment programs; Factors that contribute to employability of the job seeker; Focus of...
- A Continuum of Services: Guided and Self-Directed Approaches to Service Delivery. Hamner, Doris; Timmons, Jaimie Ciulla; Bose, Jennifer // Journal of Disability Policy Studies;Fall2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p104
Focuses on the characteristics of effective employment services at the system level based on the experiences of individuals with disabilities who were successful in finding employment in the U.S. Reason for the limited opportunities offered to disabled persons; Significance of the establishment...
- Analysis of the Types of Natural Supports Utilized During Job Placement and Development. Trach, John S.; Mayhall, Camille D. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Apr-Jun97, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p43
Analyzes placements of individuals with severe disabilities in integrated work settings. Overview of the study on various types of natural supports that have been implemented; Methodology of the study; Results and discussion.
- Grupo SIFU ha dado empleo a 60 mujeres con discapacid ad en los Ãºltimos dos aÃ±os. // Capital Humano;Apr2010, Vol. 23 Issue 242, p26
No abstract available.
- Perceived Barriers to Job Placement Revisited: Toward Practical Solutions. Fraser, Robert T.; Shrey, Donald F. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Oct-Dec86, Vol. 52 Issue 4
Examines the perceived barriers on job placement relative to disabled persons employment in the United States. Effect of practical job development and placement strategies on the performance of placement specialists; Lists of identified barriers on job placement; Role of placement specialist in...
- Partnerships: The Bridge from Disability to Ability Management. Roessier, Richard T.; Schriner, Kay Fletcher // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jan-Mar91, Vol. 57 Issue 1
Focuses on the importance of disability management in business and industry. Impact of ability management programs on employees; Need for disability management programs; Objectives of the program.
- Skating Through the Minefield. Janove, Jathan W. // HR Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p107
Presents guidelines for human resource professionals regarding Americans With Disabilities Act accommodation. Details of a case example;Criteria for determining whether a job function is essential; Reassignment options.