The death of core skills
- Is the workforce an economic developer's issue for the 1990s? McNamara, Pamela W. // Economic Development Review;Winter90, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p3
Discusses whether the workforce is an economic developers' issue in the United States. Skill levels of US laborers; Examination by businesses of productivity and trainability of the labor force when considering relocation; `Newer' entrants to the labor force.
- Bill would create two-year task force on business development. Wallace, Brice // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/30/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 27, p3
This article reports on the bill, HB28, passed by the U.S. House Workforce Services and Community and Economic Development Committee which would create the two-year Economic Development Task Force responsible for looking at issues affecting business development in Utah.
- Westchester shifts to service economy. Chuvala, Bob // Westchester County Business Journal;1/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the economic growth in Westchester County, New York. Percentage of the unemployment rates; Growth of the labor force; Affordability of the housing dues.
- Singapore's Anti-Immigration Policies Will Cause Labor Shortages, Warns EIU. // CFO Innovation Asia;3/20/2015, p1
The article offers information on a research by The Economist Intelligence Unit, which claims that there are several threats to Singapore's medium-term growth outlook including labor shortages caused by anti-immigration policies.
- New economic boom possible for southside. Yohem, Roger // Inside Tucson Business;3/2/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the economic development in the southern part of Tucson, Arizona with the purchase of a six million U.S. dollars land buffer around Raytheon Missile Systems plant that could create hundreds of high-paying jobs and generate millions of dollars in tax revenue.
- THE STIMULATION OF POPULATION GROWTH. Vermishev, K. // Problems of Economics;Jun73, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p3
Argues that the potential of the Soviet Union in the world balance of population and labor resources should not decline. Background on the problem of stimulating population growth in the country; Factors of national economic growth that are becoming limited; Recommendations.
- Unemployment at 5 percent; jobs rise by 2,500. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/29/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 52, p4
Reports unemployment rate in Connecticut. Number of nonfarm jobs; Increase in job supply; Assessment of the economic condition of Connecticut.
- Manpower reports weaker local hiring. Gurliacci, David // Westchester County Business Journal;6/28/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the labor supply in Westchester County, New York. Reduction of the workforce size; Observation of gradual and steady improvement of the economy; Recruitment of additional workers by King Lithographers and Mailers.
- Collaborating for Community Success Symposium 2014. // Mi'Kmac Maliseet Nation News;Apr2014, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p3
The article offers information on the Collaborating for Community Success Symposium held in Nova Scotia on February 26-28, 2014 in Nova Scotia which gathered 140 frontline workers and focused on creating a collaborative environment to support workforce attachment and economic growth.