CleanLIFT comes clean with Aussie Pumps
- Robot makes it shipshape. Pope, Gregory T.; Chien, Philip // Popular Mechanics;Apr94, Vol. 171 Issue 4, p32
Reports on the Manipulator for Reactor Defueling (Manfred) robot developed at the Penn State University used in repairing ships. Features; Use in high-precision work.
- Bump and grind. Barr, John // Boating;Jun98, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p66
Introduces Keelshield Inc.'s scar-preventing solution to prevent scarring to keel, bow and stern areas of ships. Price; Contact information.
- DNV and SpecTec launch all-in-one solution. // International Cruise & Ferry Review;Autumn/Winter2013, p30
The article previews the Hull Integrity Management (HIM) all-in-one planned inspection and maintenance system for ships from Det Norske Veritas (DNV) and Asset Management Operation System (AMOS) supplier SpecTec.
- Untitled. O'Keefe, William; Almazan, AC // Power;Jul93, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p81
Presents solutions recommended by readers to the problem of station pumps with no recirculation-valve protection against low-flow conditions. Recirculation pumps as unnecessary; Running two pumps sized at 60 to 100 percent capacity; Installation of mercury switches; Automatic self-contained...
- Soft-patch worries? Not aboard `Connie.' Bradley, Neil D. // Fathom;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p16
Presents the author's views about removing and installing the `soft-patch' of an aircraft carrier. Details about his experiences aboard the USS Constellation.
- The Stick-on Solution. Pfund, Bruce // Professional Boatbuilder;Oct/Nov2013, Issue 145, p48
The article offers the author's insights regarding the lightweight components of marine systems such as plumbing, electrical, and ducting systems which are supported by hangers or mounts, could lead to serious problems if not safely fixed. He says that the American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC)...
- Ship and Parts Manufacturing and Repairing. Wang Chung-ching // TIER Industry Report - Ship & Parts Manufacturing & Repairing;7/30/2013, p1
The article provides a report on the condition of the shipbuilding industry in Taiwan as of July 30, 2013. It cites the factors that affect the industry including the global slowdown, a lack of improvement in supply and demand and overcapacity of shipbuilding in 2013. There was reportedly a...
- Pinch & Jet Ship. // Time;5/13/1957, Vol. 69 Issue 19, p82
The article focuses on the decision of John H. MacMillan Jr., president of Cargill Inc., to improve their ship propellers. It says that MacMillan decided to save money with the introduction of a system that will improve the propulsive effect of its ship's engine. It mentions that the system,...
- Budge That Sludge! // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Oct2004, p37
Reports on the capability of Sludge Buoy to prevent the problem of sludge oil in water from inside a ship's tank.