Rivergate Marina and Shipyard expands with new CityCat deal
- A very healthy order book. // International Cruise & Ferry Review;Spring/Summer2016, Issue 48, p110
The article reports on Freeport, Bahamas-based Grand Bahama Shipyard (GBSL) winning multiple cruise ship repair and refit orders for 2016.
- Cruising into the fall drydock season. Couser, Graham // International Cruise & Ferry Review;Autumn/Winter2013, p129
The article reports on the expected busy season for the Grand Bahama Shipyard between September 2012 and March 2013, when 17 cruise ships are expected to undergo refits including the Carnival Dream, the Carnival Conquest and Carnival Glory.
- PRESERVING THE ARIZONA. LARSON, GEORGE A. // Sea Classics;Mar2013, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p26
The article presents information on the construction of the Pennsylvania-class battleship USS Arizona (BB-39). It informs that after its construction, it traveled from New York to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and back to New York Naval Ship Yard for identified repairs and modifications. It also informs...
- Navy secures more funds for local yards. Siedsma, Andrea // San Diego Business Journal;02/10/97, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports that on February 10, 1997, the United States Navy will award more ship repair contracts to the San Diego's shipyards. Names of the ships that will be repaired at the shipyards; Value of the contracts; Value of ship repair contracts in 1996; How Congress has mandated ship repair work be done.
- Alabama Shipyard Performs Retrofit. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Jul2001, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p28
Focuses on orbital welding operations at Alabama Shipyard in Mobile, Alabama. Challenge of retrofitting ships used to transport liquids that required keeping liquids at a prescribed temperature; Selection of 150PTW orbital tube welding system by Liburdi Dimetrics.
- Editor's Page. Timberg, Robert // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Feb2006, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p4
This article presents information about the articles published in the February 01, 2006, issue of the journal "U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings." In a special section, "Twilight of a Vital Industry?," leading figures in one major sector--shipbuilding and ship repair--lay out the problems of the...
- Singapore conversion. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Dec2000, p7
Reports that Singapore's Keppel Shipyard has won a dredger conversion contract to lengthen and upgrade Boskalis' Seaway vessel. Modification of the vessel; Expected completion of the project.
- A yard comes of age. // International Cruise & Ferry Review;Autumn/Winter2013, p124
The article highlights Palumbo Shipyard, formed by Salvatore Palumbo in 1967 as a small ship repair workshop and has since grown to have yards in Italy's Naples and Messina and Malta and offers repair, construction and modification of cruise ships.
- Partnering with ship owners. Pallentin, Ruüdiger // International Cruise & Ferry Review;Autumn/Winter2013, p127
The article discusses the importance of closer collaborations between ship owners and shipyards, particularly at a time when shipyards are becoming a place for improving a ship's technical features like exhaust gas cleaning, ballast water treatment and reducing resistance of the hull.