ABB Turbocharging offers expert factory reconditioning
- Ready for Tier III. // International Cruise & Ferry Review;Spring/Summer2012, p105
The article highlights the response of engine builders, particularly ABB Turbocharging, to the demands of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) Tier III stage of emissions legislation. Topics discussed include the important role played by turbochargers in helping cruise ships reduce...
- contracts. // Sea Technology;Oct2014, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p75
This section offers sea technology updates as of October 2014. ABB Turbocharging hold a maintenance contract for servicing turbochargers in four vessels that will last for three years. The ballast water treatment system developed by Trojan Marinex is to be installed in an 11-vessel tanker fleet....
- Turbo or not turbo? Collins, Richard L. // Flying;Jan1996, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p63
Focuses on turbochargers for aviation airplanes. Examination of turbochargers; Description of a turbocharger; How powerful is a turbocharger; Information on features.
- OTHER'S COMMENTS:. Rasmussen, Bret // American Snowmobiler;Dec2008, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p43
The article presents quotes from several snowmobilers regarding the benefits offered by the pump gas turbocharger system from BoonDocker.
- Prime the Turbo. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2011, Issue 703, p40
The article reports that operators need to prime turbocharger of the backhoe loader (BHL) if it has been unused for sometime as impeller inside the turbocharger needs lubrication.
- Tangled Up in Turbochargers. Williams, Jim // Practical Sailor;Mar2011, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p32
The article provides an answer to a question regarding turbochargers.
- Turrbo Tech: Power Stroke 6.0. McDonald, Bob // Underhood Service;Apr2015, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses the Power Stroke 6.0L engine which uses a variable geometry turbocharger (VGT) that works on the principle of aspect ratio adjustment, essentially varying the ratio of exhaust inlet width to turbine size.
- Operation of Exhaust Systems of Turbocharged Diesel Engines Identified by Means of Exergy Analysis. Fijauulkowski, S; Nakonieczny, K // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;1997, Vol. 211 Issue 5, p391
A method and results of the analysis of exergy losses that occur in the exhaust system of a turbocharged diesel engine are presented. The aim of the work was to distinguish nodes in the system where exergy losses arise and make precise assessment of losses generated there. Losses were found to...
- Garrett develops authorised network. // Motor Equipment News;Aug2012, p24
The article previews the authorised specialist turbocharger diagnostic and repair services launched by Garrett Turbochargers in New Zealand.