San Remo / Newhaven to present combined fishing village and emergency services festival
- FISH FEST FUN. Kipling, Kay // Sarasota Magazine;Feb2013, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p29
The article offers information on the Cortez Commercial Fishing Festival to be held on February 16-17, 2013 at the streets of Cortez fishing village in Manatee County, Florida with about 25,000 expected visitors who will enjoy the live music, arts, and an environmental exhibit.
- San Remo Fishing Village Festival beats the weather. // Professional Fisherman;Jun2003, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
Cites the highlights of the 2003 San Remo Fishing Village Festival in Australia. Success of the festival despite inclement weather; San Remo art show; Fishing festival writers competition; Deckies' triathlon; Bouncing Dan buoy; Coloring competition for the local schools.
- On The Road Down Under. L. B. // Billboard;11/22/2014, Vol. 126 Issue 39, p82
The article focuses on five things musicians touring Australia need to know. It states that the Big Day Out music festival has been canceled for 2015. It comments on Australia's visa system and mentions intercity freight costs can be expensive due partly to sizeable distances between the major...
- Lumpsucker Spring. Brynjolfsson, Bjarni // Iceland Review;2010, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p64
The article focuses on the Icelandic fishing town of BorgarfjÃ¶rdur eystri and its northeast neighbor BakkafjÃ¶rdur village. The harbor at the village reportedly earned an environmental stamp for its cleanliness, lies behind a small natural island that has been a nest for birds in the area,...
- TEXAS #1 FOR MOTORCYCLISTS. // Australian Motorcycle News;7/10/2013, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p14
The article reports that the Queensland town of Texas was named the most motorcycle friendly town in Australia.
- Key Data. // Australia Country Review;2010, preceding p1
The article provides an overview regarding the total population, area, land, and largest cities in Australia.
- FOOTNOTE. Woolley, Leigh // Architecture Australia;Sep/Oct 2014, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p114
An image of the city of Hobart in Tasmania, Australia is presented.
- Weather report. // Money Management;4/26/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p28
The article presents the author's comments on the weather in the Australian cities of Sydney and Melbourne.
- The past's cold strangle-hold. McRoberts, Barry // Ausmarine;May2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p8
The article discusses how the Circular Quay in Australia where Great Britain stationed her felons during the late 18th century has turned into a problem for Australia. It points to the expansive and aggressive nature of the British in Australia whose practices drove the fishing industry into...