Proposal to relocate Melbourne Port to Western Port in 2040
- Victorian state government considers Port Philip site for new container terminal. // Ausmarine;Dec2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on a site near Geeloong in Victoria, Australia being considered by the state department of transport to be the location of Port of Hastings, which will be built to address the expected increase in container trade in the coming years.
- Seeing the bigger picture - port development across Australia. // Australian Maritime Digest;Jul2013, Issue 224, p3
The author reflects on the removal of plan for long-term national ports development in Australia which was announced by infrastructure spending intentions of Commonwealth Government. The editor says that the national transport infrastructure spending of the maritime element was ignored in the...
- Rush Hour. Crisp, Dale // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Oct2008, p41
The article discusses the development project at Port Kembla in New South Wales. According to Kembla Port Corp. chief executive officer Dom Figliomeni, the port could use the presence of car terminals to diversify trade further and is the catalyst for development opportunities. It is noted that...
- Port infrastructure pricing policy and practice: a case study of Australia and New Zealand seaports. Bandara, Yapa Mahinda; Nguyen, Hong-Oanh // Australian Journal of Maritime & Ocean Affairs;Jun2015, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p110
This paper examines the infrastructure charges of seaports and port pricing policies in Australia and New Zealand. Its analysis covers 40 seaports and takes into account their administrative roles as well as geographical factors. An analysis of the effectiveness of port pricing policies and...
- Negotiating Melbourne's docklands. Styant-Browne, Anthony // Architecture Australia;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p86
Discusses the Melbourne Docklands Authority's development strategy for the dockland site. Transfer of the site's ownership to the Authority; Amendment to the Melbourne Planning Scheme; Decontamination of the site; Property consultants JLW Advisory's market demand assessment of the site;...
- Courses & Seminars. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jun2003, p6
Presents updates on courses and seminars on dredging and port construction compiled as of June 2003. Seminar topics; Participating organizations.
- Antwerp expansion. // International Construction;Jul99, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the port construction projects in Antwerp, Belgium. Conditions of the city's existing ports; Companies involved in the construction of the Verrebroekdok dock.
- Danish breakwater. Byles, Rodney // International Construction;Sep2001, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p39
Reports the extension of Aarhus Harbour to accommodate container ships in Denmark. Construction of outer protective breakwater and separate access embankment; Combination of outer and inner peripheral breakwater and quay wall; Completion of the reclaimed terminal area.
- Tuticorin Port invites bid for dredging project. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Nov97, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p7
Reports how the Tuticorin Port Trust (TPT) invited application from reputed Indian and global contractors to pre-qualify for the port's capital dredging project. Projected size of the vessels of draught; Depth of the approach channel and the harbor basin; Description of the project.