Plastic bottles and plastic bags pose one of the greatest threats to our seas and oceans
- Global Environmental Snapshot. // Estonia Country Review;2010, p112
The article provides information on the global environmental conditions with regards to the environmental challenges, global environment and international environmental protection agreement.
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Belize Country Review;2010, p125
The article provides information on international environmental agreements and associations including the Convention on Environmental Impact Assessment, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, and International Convention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage 1969.
- ISO 14000: It's the Process, Not the Paper. Brown, Douglas M. // PA Times;Jul99, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on Virginia's environmental politics. Conflicts of integrating the values of environmental protection and economic development; Requirements for ecosystem-based environmental policies; Passage of the Organotin Antifouling Paint Control Act of 1988.
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Kiribati Country Review;2009, p117
The article presents several international environmental agreements and associations including the Convention on Environmental Impact Assessment in a Transboundary Context, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, and Convention on the Transboundary Effects of Industrial Accidents.
- Toward a world order respectful of the global ecosystem. Falk, Richard A. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Summer92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p711
Presents a proposal for a world order respectful of the global ecosystem. Need and prospect for an adequate world order system; Permissive exploitation tolerated in the present system of sovereign states; Premise of excess capacity; Local impact; Compatible use.
- The global environmental crisis. Muskie, Edmund S. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Summer92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p731
Discusses the need for the United States government to formulate policies to avert the global environmental crisis. Steps the US can take to achieve the goal; Achievements and trade-offs of the technological revolution; Interlocking environmental problems of population, depletion of natural...
- Connecting poverty and sustainability. Landy, Thomas M. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Winter94, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p277
Uses the Brazilian situation as a starting point in discussing the First World's role in environmental protection. Socio-economic conditions in Brazil; Destruction of the Amazon ecosystem and its effects; Argument on the extent of rich and poor countries' responsibilities in environmental...
- Environmental Issues. // Georgia Country Review;2001/2002, p66
Identifies key environmental issues in Georgia. Pollution levels; Environmental jurisdiction and regulation; Environmental organizations.
- Appendix A: Global Environmental Snapshot. // Georgia Country Review;2001/2002, p67
Reports on the environmental issues faced by various countries in the 21st century. Nature and intensity of environmental problems; Government efforts to address environmental concerns; Environmental challenges faced by various regions; Remediation of threats to environmental quality; Direction...
- Environmental Issues. // Ghana Country Review;2001/2002, p66
Reports on environmental issues in Ghana as of July 2001. Effect of drought on agricultural activities; Deforestation; Overgrazing; Soil erosion.