Delusion sweeps the nation
- Queensland's 'protected' rivers and rainforests. Greig, Eli // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Oct-Dec2006, Issue 102, p79
The article covers issues related to wilderness areas in Queensland. Substantial areas of World Heritage listed rainforest were destroyed by a massive firebreak that carved through the centre of Fraser Island. It cites the launch of a campaign aimed at opposing the Queensland Wild Rivers Act...
- Competing Visions for Australia's Tropical Rivers. Mackenzie, John // Chain Reaction;Mar2010, Issue 108, p36
The article looks at the competing visions for the tropical rivers of northern Australia in terms of environmental value and sustainable developmental potential. Proponents of agriculture opposed the prospects of harnessing groundwater resources in the region. Indigenous representative...
- Abbott's Wild Rivers bill a 'dog's breakfast'. McIlroy, Jim // Green Left Weekly;11/17/2010, Issue 861, p2
The article reports on the failure of Tony Abbott, coalition leader of the Federal Liberal/National, to win support from the Aboriginal elders to back his bill to repeal the Wild Rivers legislation of Queensland.
- QUEENSLAND GETS DIRTY. // Australian Motorcycle News;1/20/2010, Vol. 59 Issue 14, p16
The article reports on the claims of Premier Anna Bligh on the plan to form the trailbikes on the 745 hectares of government land in Wyaralong in Queensland.
- Socialists to contest QLD elections. Riley, Dave // Green Left Weekly;2/11/2009, Issue 782, p4
The article reports on the two candidates of the Socialist Alliance for the state government election of Queensland who are Anna Bligh in the inner urban seat of South Brisbane and Mike Crook in the north side seat of Sandgate.
- Stop the sell-off! Benedek, Paul; Riley, Dave // Green Left Weekly;7/15/2009, Issue 802, p7
The article focuses on the fight of Queensland against the plan of Premier Anna Bligh regarding the privatisation of ports, motorways and forests in the state.
- Open line. GARRETSEN, NORMA; BALLINGALL, JANE; BARNARD, NORELLE; FATOVICH, KATE; FULLGRABE, JULIE; GORMAN, ANGELA // Australian Women's Weekly;Nov2013, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p13
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "I took my good health for granted," by Anna Bligh in the October 2013 issue, "Mystery Illness That Cripples Millions," in the October 2013 issue, and "Boy From Wagga Saving Syrians," in the October...
- THE WEEKLY ONLINE... // Australian Women's Weekly;Nov2013, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p14
Several online reactions are presented in response to the article about Anna Bligh's fight with cancer.
- Canadian operators challenge excavation taxes. Aston, R. Lee // Pit & Quarry;May94, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p17
Reports on the Supreme Court of Canada's decision on the validity of variable and volumetric fees levied for sand, gravel and stone mine under British Columbia's Municipal Act in the cases `Allard Contractors Ltd. v. Coquitlam,' `Thornhill Aggregates Ltd. v. Maple Ridge' and `Kirkpatrick Sand &...