United States Food and Drug Administration rolls out performance tracker
- US FDA responds to drug safety criticism. Odriscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;2/21/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2135, p20
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to improve its management as a response to Strategic Decisions Group's criticism. Plan of the FDA to create an independent Drug Safety Oversight Board that will oversee the management of drug-safety issues; Actions taken by...
- Safeguarding Health Care. Daus, Carol // 24x7;Jun2008, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p18
This article discusses the role being played by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in safeguarding the health and welfare of the public as of June 2008. As stated, the policy of the FDA for device approval is effective in ensuring that hospital equipment is safe and works properly....
- Market Pulse. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Dec2004, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p19
Focuses on the survey indicating the proportion of Americans who favor allowing more prescription drugs to be sold over the counter in the U.S. Proportion of respondents relying on the decision of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to make good decisions about which drugs should be sold...
- FDA Task Force unveils next step in Transparency Initiative. // Reactions Weekly;5/29/2010, Issue 1303, p6
The article reports on the release of 21 draft proposals by the Transparency Task Force of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which expand the disclosure of information on how the agency operates and makes decisions.
- Feedback, KPIs critical to FDA's case for efficient manufacturing. // Control Engineering;May2009, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p20
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is using total product lifecycle (TPLC) processes to promote manufacturing efficiency practices for production of lower-cost medical devices. The entry notes that the FDA would like to show how feedback and key performance...
- Translation metrics for health care companies. // MultiLingual;Sep2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p51
The article discusses the importance of translation performance metrics in health care industries. It informs that health care companies require materials in foreign languages to support international operations. It mentions that health care industry had increasing scrutiny from regulatory...
- SUSTAINABILITY AND STRATIFIED NONCOMPLIANCE IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY. Page, Robert A.; Cyr, Danielle M.; Richardson, Anthony S. // Journal of International Business Disciplines;May2015, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p18
The emerging field of strategic sustainability tracks the impact of corporate performance on profits, people and place (environment). Applying this model to the pharmaceutical industry, this paper examines patterns of non-compliance, particularly in regards to product safety (people). This paper...
- FDA Issues Diathermy Notification. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Mar2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the issuance of public health notification by the Food and Drug Administration in the U.S. Awareness of the diathermy end-users and health care providers to the risk of implanted electrical leads; Types of diathermy.
- OBSERVATIONS. Formanek Jr., Ray // FDA Consumer;May/Jun2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p2
Introduces articles on U.S. public health and the Food and Drug Administration, featured in the May-June 2003 issue of 'FDA Consumer.'