Painful testicle in a young boy
- Comments on bilateral neonatal testicular torsion. Bloom, David A.; Koo, Harry P. // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1997, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p657
Editorial. Comments on bilateral neonatal testicular torsion. Main threats to human testes; Diagnosis of torsion; Most important aspect of a prompt operative approach of testicular torsion; Its philosophical points and medical economics.
- Imaging often unnecessary in spermatic cord torsion diagnosis. Carlson, Robert H. // Urology Times;Feb97, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p27
Cites a study on the diagnosis of spermatic cord torsion conducted by Luis M. Peter, assistant professor in pediatric urology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Clinical predictors of spermatic cord torsion; Surgical exploration of acute scrotal pain; Duration of pain at the time of...
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage: the canary in the mine, or the elephant in the room? Nicholl, David; Weatherby, Stuart // Practical Neurology (BMJ Publishing Group);Aug2014, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p204
The article focuses on several issues identified by the British national confidential enquiry into patient outcome and death (NCEPOD) from subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) which are relevant to the early diagnosis and investigation of patients with acute headache. Among the findings are the 32% of...
- Earlier diagnosis of testicular tumours. // British Medical Journal;4/5/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6219, p961
Examines the treatment of testicular tumors in Great Britain. Importance on the early detection of breast cancer; Diagnosis of testicular carcinoma; Surgical exploration in identifying the undescended testis.
- Testicular torsion in older men. Dennis, M.J.S.; Fahim, S.F. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/27/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6588, p1680
Focuses on the diagnosis of testicular torsion. Forms of clinical presentation of torsion; Diagnostic features of the disease; Success of scrotal exploration in all patients with testicular pain.
- World Alzheimer's Report 2011: The benefits of early diagnosis and intervention. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/26/2011, Vol. 21, p662
The article focuses on the report released by Alzheimer's Disease International which reveals the importance of early diagnosis and intervention for alzheimer's disease.
- Bilateral neonatal testicular torsion. Cooper, Christopher S.; Snyder, Orrenzo B. // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1997, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p653
Reports a case of bilateral synchronous neonatal testicular torsion associated with a complicated delivery. Findings on the initial examination of the genitalia; Etiology of bilateral synchronous neonatal testicular torsion; Its differential diagnosis.
- Failure to Diagnose Testicular Torsion. // Clinician Reviews;May2010, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
The article presents a reprint of the article "Failure to Diagnose Testicular Torsion," published in an issue of "Medical Malpractice Verdicts, Settlements and Experts, which details a medical malpractice case in which the defendants were charged with negligence, causation and harm for failing...
- Torsion in an Ectopic Testis: A Case Report. Doshi, Bhavesh; Dhande, Ashish; Panchal, Anuradha; Mahapatra, Bibekanand; Mandhane, Nisha; Deolekar, Sandesh; Sinha, Shubha // Indian Journal of Surgery;Jun2013 Supplement, Vol. 75, p308
Torsion in the ectopic testis is a rare condition and very difficult to diagnose clinically. We present one such case with review of literature.