Estimated cumulative incidence of pandemic (H1N1) influenza among pregnant women during the first wave of the 2009 pandemic
- Serologically Confirmed Household Transmission of 2009 Pandemic Influenza A (H1N1) Virus During the First Pandemic Waveâ€”New York City, April-May 2009. Jackson, Michael L.; France, Anne M.; Hancock, Kathy; Lu, Xiuhua; Veguilla, Vic; Sun, Hong; Feng Liu; James Hadler; Harcourt, Brian H.; Esposito, Douglas H.; Zimmerman, Christopher M.; Katz, Jacqueline M.; Fry, Alicia M.; Schrag, Stephanie J. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;9/1/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p455
Background. Understanding transmissibility of influenza viruses within households is critical for guiding public health response to pandemics. We studied serologically confirmed infection and disease among household contacts of index case patients with 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus...
- Pre- and Postpandemic Estimates of 2009 Pandemic Influenza A(H1N1) Seroprotection to Inform Surveillance-Based Incidence, by Age, During the 2013â€“2014 Epidemic in Canada. Skowronski, Danuta M.; Chambers, Catharine; Sabaiduc, Suzana; Janjua, Naveed Z.; Li, Guiyun; Petric, Martin; Krajden, Mel; Purych, Dale; Li, Yan; De Serres, Gaston // Journal of Infectious Diseases;Jan2015, Vol. 211 Issue 1, p109
To understand the epidemic resurgence of influenza due to the 2009 pandemic influenza A(H1N1) strain (A[H1N1]pdm09) during the 2013â€“2014 influenza season, we compared age-related cross-sectional estimates of seroprotection before the pandemic (during 2009) and after the pandemic (during...
- Epidemiological aspects of 2009 H1N1 influenza: the accumulating experience from the Northern Hemisphere. Falagas, M.; Cholevas, N.; Kapaskelis, A.; Vouloumanou, E.; Michalopoulos, A.; Rafailidis, P. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Nov2010, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p1327
Preliminary data regarding the experience of countries of the Northern Hemisphere with pandemic 2009 A(H1N1) influenza have already appeared in the literature. We aimed to evaluate the available published literature describing the epidemiological features of pandemic influenza. We searched...
- Multi-Centre Observational Study of Transplacental Transmission of Influenza Antibodies following Vaccination with AS03A-Adjuvanted H1N1 2009 Vaccine. Puleston, Richard; Bugg, George; Hoschler, Katja; Konje, Justin; Thornton, James; Stephenson, Iain; Myles, Puja; Enstone, Joanne; Augustine, Glenda; Davis, Yvette; Zambon, Maria; Nicholson, Karl; Nguyen-Van-Tam, Jonathan // PLoS ONE;Jan2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, Special section p1
Introduction: Illness and death from influenza increase during pregnancy. In the United Kingdom pregnant women were targeted in a national programme for vaccination during the H1N1 2009-10 pandemic. Methods: In this study, pregnant women were recruited in labour from November 9, 2009 to March...
- 2009 Pandemic Influenza A (H1N1) in Pregnant Women Requiring Intensive Care -- New York City, 2009. Fine, A.; Dentinger, C.; Johnson, T. F.; Kossowski, A.; Steiner-Sichel, L.; Schwarz, A. G.; Hartman, L. K.; Honein, M. A.; Jamieson, D.; Uyeki, T.; Al-Samarrai, T.; Creanga, A. A.; Graitcer, S. B. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;3/26/2010, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p321
The article discusses the risk of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) and seasonal influenza on pregnant women. According to the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) surveillance for cases of 2009 H1N1 infection in pregnant women requiring intensive care, 12 out of 17 women...
- Complicated Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 during Pregnancy, Taiwan. Huang, Wan-Ting; Hsu, Yu-Fen; Kuo, Tsung-Wen; Wu, Wan-Jen; Chuang, Jen-Hsiang // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Oct2011, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1958
The article analyzes the severity of H1N1 virus infection among pregnant women in Taiwan in 2009. The study found out that pregnant women are more at risk in acquiring complicated pandemic virus infection or H1N1 than non-pregnant women. Oseltamivir treatment was provided for free during the...
- Emergency plans for pandemic get live test. // Hospital Home Health;Jun2009, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p64
No abstract available.
- HIV clinicians and patients should prepare now for fall pandemic flu. // AIDS Alert;Jun2009, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p61
No abstract available.
- New gown policy gains traction in pandemic panic. Frederick, Eric L. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p4
The article presents the author's comments on what to do in case of the outbreak of H1N1 influenza.