- AECHMEA AENIGMATICA (BROMELIACEAE; BROMELIOIDEAE) UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DEL ESTADO DE OAXACA, MÃ‰XICO. LÓPEZ-FERRARI, ANA ROSA; ESPEJO-SERNA, ADOLFO; CEJA-ROMERO, JACQUELINE; MENDOZA-RUIZ, ANICETO // Acta Botanica Mexicana;abr2011, Issue 95, p1
No abstract available.
- CUATRO NUEVAS ESPECIES DE VERBESINA (COMPOSITAE: HELIANTHEAE) DEL CENTRO DE Mï¿½XICO. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;oct2010, Issue 93, p127
No abstract available.
- A new species of Racinaea (Bromeliaceae) from Peru. Gouda, Eric John; Manzanares, Jos� Manuel // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p156
The article discusses new species of the plant Racinaea from Peru. It discusses the features of the new species, including its leaves, inflorescence and spikes. It states that a typical aspect of the species is the pendent spikes and flowers, which is said to be rare in Racinaea. It also...
- Hechtia rosea Complex: An Example from Chiapas, Mexico. Guess, Virginia; Guess, Robert // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p51
Presents information on Hechtia, a species of bromeliad found in Chiapas, Mexico. Discovery of Hechtia meziana population in the southwest corner of Chiapas; Comparison of Hechtia meziana with Hechtia rosea; Conclusion made from an evaluation of a dried inflorescence of the plant species.
- Tillandsia 'Rio Hondo.'. Butcher, Derek // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p64
Focuses on the taxon given to the Tillandsia species from Rio Hondatal in Guatemala. Factor to consider in naming bromeliad species; Species of Tillandsia including Tillandsia xerographica x capitata, Tillandsia Maya, Tillandsia sphaerocephala Guatemala, Tillandsia harrisii, Tillandsia capitata...
- The genus Guzmania in Venezuela. Vivas, Yuribia // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p88
Presents information on the bromeliad genus Guzmania in Venezuela. Description of Guzmania bromeliad; Species of Guzmania that are considered endemic in the region including Guzmania mucronata, Guzmania nubigena and Guzmania ventricosa among others; Habitat of Guzmania bromeliads; Difference...
- Hawaiians Love Bromeliads! Parkhurst, Ron �Kanahele� // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p184
The article focuses on the distribution of Bromeliads in Hawaii. Information on the village Kahakuloa is given. Examples of Bromeliad hybrids found in Hawaii are mentioned. The impact of Bromeliads on Hawaii is cited. Method used by hybridizers to propagate Bromeliads in the state is revealed.
- STAR ATTRACTION. Klein, Carol // Horticulture;May/Jun2005, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p42
Features several species of astrantias. Astrantia maxima; Glebe cottage crimson; Raven's wing or Anthriscus sylvestris. INSET: Growing from Seed.
- A Ligularia mystery. FLANAGAN, MARK // Plantsman: New Series;Jun2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p86
In this article the author explores the history and identity of Ligularias, the Ligularia wilsoniana and Ligularia veitchiana, at the southern and northern borders of Savill Garden in Windsor Great Park, England. He notes that the species might have been acquired during the creation of...