'God is a vegetarian': The food, health and bio-spirituality of Hare Krishna, Buddhist and Seventh-Day Adventist devotees
- WORLD RELIGIONS: DIVERSITY OF FAITH. // New Crisis (15591603);Nov/Dec99, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p33
Focuses on different religious belief systems. Buddhism; Christianity; Hinduism.
- THE EVOLUTION OF RELIGION: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. Ellwood, Robert S. // USA Today Magazine;Sep90, Vol. 119 Issue 2544, p82
Points out that popular religious life appears to be carrying on gloriously, but the institutional power and presence of religion clearly is not what they once were. Observation that other First World countries, church attendance and other religious participation are much lower than in the...
- Vegetarianism and Meat Eating in 8 Religions. Shivastava, Jane // Hinduism Today;Apr-Jun2007, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p18
The article explores the attitudes of eight world religions regarding meat-eating and the treatment of animals. Eastern religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism generally agree in their support of nonviolence and a meatless lifestyle. While the followers of Western religions such as...
- Spirituality within non-Christian faiths: HCA/AP approaches. Barber, Chris // British Journal of Healthcare Assistants;Oct2012, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p484
The previous article focused on the meanings of spirituality and religion. This article will focus on the experiences and expressions of spirituality and religion within a number of non-Christian world religions, including Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and Sikhism. New age spirituality will...
- Humanity's Diverse Faiths. // Hinduism Today;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p37
The article discusses world's major spiritual paths. Topics include a Synopsis of the major religions, goals these religions seek to attain and the Paths Of Attainment. Some of the major spiritual paths discussed from around the world include Hinduism, Buddhism and Sikhism.
- The mystery of reincarnation. Mysore Nagaraj, Anil Kumar; Bevinahalli Nanjegowda, Raveesh; Purushothama, S. M. // Indian Journal of Psychiatry;Jan-Mar2013 Supplement, pS171
One of the mysteries puzzling human mind since the origin of mankind is the concept of "reincarnation" which literally means "to take on the flesh again." As the civilizations evolved, beliefs got discriminated and disseminated into various religions. The major division manifested was "East" and...
- RELIGION Around the WORLD. // World Almanac for Kids;1999, p177
No abstract available.
- Religion. // World Almanac for Kids;2007, p202
The article profiles the most popular religions in the world, categorizing them by origins, written text concerning the religion, beliefs, how many people practice it, and different sects. Religions discussed include Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, and Judaism. A chart of major holy...
- WORLD RELIGIONS. // World Almanac for Kids;2003, p183
For many people, religion is a way of answering questions about the meaning of life. Believing in a God or gods, or in a Divine Being, is one way of making sense of the world around us. About six billion people all over the world are religious believers. Different religions have different...