I'm not dieting, 'I'm doing it for science': Masculinities and the experience of dieting
- Experiences in Self-dieting Program of Obese Male College Students. Jeong Soo Kim // Korean Journal of Adult Nursing;Oct2013, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p504
Purpose: This study was to describe the process of healthy dieting and develop a substantive theory that explains lifestyle in obese male college students. Methods: The participants were 11 students who had participated in self-dieting program in a health center. Data were collected with...
- Obsession being thin was all i could think about. Palmer, Sharon // Campus Life;Jan2003, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p48
Focuses on author's obsession to become thin. Feeling of embarrassment due to obesity; Adaptation of various dieting schedules during high school; Enrollment in a nutrition course at college days.
- Exercise the key to good health. Pinette, Dr. Gilles // Windspeaker;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p29
Reports on the problem of Canadian people becoming overweight due to improper diet. Impact of media on the diet of people; Difficulties faced by people in achieving long-term weight loss by dieting; Disadvantages of improper dieting on health; Emphasis on healthy eating for good health.
- Anti-Inflammatory Nutrition as a Pharmacological Approach to Treat Obesity. Sears, Barry; Ricordi, Camillo // Journal of Obesity;2011, Special section p1
Obesity is a multifactorial condition resulting from improper balances of hormones and gene expression induced by the diet. Obesity also has a strong inflammatory component that can be driven by diet-induced increases in arachidonic acid. The purpose of this paper is to discuss the molecular...
- Neurotensin agonists in the regulation of food intake. Fredrickson, P; Boules, M; Richelson, E // International Journal of Obesity;Mar2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p474
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Regulation of Food Intake by the Gut-Brain Axis: Implications for Obesity" by S. Hussain and S. Bloom in a previous issue.
- More support for intersex people needed. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Mar2014, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p10
No abstract available.
- How to stick to your fitness goals. // Asian Pacific Post;1/17/2013, p8
The article offers tips on achieving one's fitness goals including gathering support, drinking more water and adopting a healthier diet.
- "Secrets to my success". // Shape;Oct2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p168
The article presents information on one woman's success in weight loss with details on her diet methods, the role of a support system in weight loss, and how she eats at restaurants.
- Evidencias del soporte social como terapia para la pÃ©rdida de peso; una revisiÃ³n sistemÃ¡tica. Flores-Gómez, I.; Bacardí-Gascón, M.; Armendáriz-Anguiano, A. L.; Pérez-Morales, M. E.; Jiménez-Cruz, A. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;sep/oct2012, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p1422
Introduction: Social Support (SS) therapy can be an effective method of weight loss compared with conventional treatment (CT). Objective: To evaluate RCT's using SS therapy on weight in subjects with overweight or obesity. Methodology: We reviewed all original articles published in...