- Calpine Plans $1B HY Drive-By. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/25/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p1
This article reports on the plan of U.S. energy supplier Calpine to issue one billion U.S. dollars in junk bonds in 2010.
- Enron Plagues Calpine. // High Yield Report;12/17/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p4
Cites a story in 'The New York Times' newspaper comparing Calpine to Enron that reportedly caused massive sell-offs, reaching 130 million high yield bonds on December 13, 2001 and 100 million every day.
- Calpine sets five-year record for junk. // Power Economics;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the increase of junk bond issue of Calpine Corp. in California. Sales of bonds to refinance bank debt; Assessment of electricity margins; Decline on junk ratings.
- Calpine Plans $750M Drive-By. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/26/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p32
The article deals with the plan of Calpine to issue 750 million U.S. dollars in junk bonds to repay some of its term loan debt.
- Calpine Sells $490M in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/4/2013, p15
The article reports on the sale of 940 million U.S. dollars in high-yield bonds due 2023 by power provider Calpine in 2013.
- Calpine Hits Market with $1.2B HY Drive-By. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/17/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p12
This article reports on the plan of energy supplier Calpine to issue junk bonds to repay term loan debt in 2011.
- Allegheny Could Bode Well For Energy Sector. Hintzel, John; O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p2
Points out that beside fears that questionable issuers are entering the high yield securities market, many are concerned that concentrations of troubled product are growing, both by rating type and industry. Possible trouble spot in the energy sector; Concern that many energy companies such as...
- Three More Companies Hit HY Bond Market. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/18/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the plans of Range Resources, SandRidge Energy and Calpine to issue high yield bonds in March 2009. According to documents filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Range Resources intends to price 300 million U.S. dollars in senior notes due 2019....
- Oil and Gas Cos. Tap HY Market for $665M. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/18/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p24
The article reports on oil and gas firms entering the high yield market in May 2009. Linn Energy is set to price 200 million U.S. dollars in senior unsecured notes due 2017, while Gibson Energy intends to provide 545 million U.S. dollars in senior secured notes due 2014. Calpine plans to issue...