Greenwich Names New Investment, European Heads
- Asset Services: Smaller commission pool to squeeze electronic trading. // Asian Investor;Feb2013, p1
The article focuses on the report of Greenwich Associates, who states that managers of Asia could direct more commission dollars to fewer sell-side brokers and shift to high-touch sales trading if trading volumes do not grow in 2013.
- SEC GREENLIGHTS CCAs IN '07. Ramage, James // Traders Magazine;Dec2007, Vol. 20 Issue 275, p28
The article offers information on the growing reputation of client commission arrangements (CCA) in the trading. CCA uses soft dollar transaction and will continue to be of great use according to Robin Hodgkins, president of Cogent Consulting. Accordingly, in the year 2008, an estimate of 100...
- The surveyor of investing arena. Clowes, Michael J. // Pensions & Investments;5/14/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p12
Editorial. Presents an overview of the career history and highlights of Charles D. Ellis, founder of United States-based Greenwich Associates, which he grew into the most influential consulting firm serving institutional investment organizations. Retirement from Greenwich; Views on investment...
- Institutions Increasingly Considering Outsourced CIO. // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p26
The article presents the report "Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (CIO) Model Carries Risks and Opportunities for Asset Managers" issued by Greenwich Associates. The report showed that a growing number of small and midsized institutions in the U.S. are planning to outsource discretionary...
- Asset Services: Greenwich Associates beefs up Asia team. // Asian Investor;May2014, p1
The article announces personal name changes at research-based consulting firm Greenwich Associates including Markus Ohlig as Asia managing director, Abhi Shroff as Asia managing director and Gaurav Aurora as vice-principal for banking and capital markets covering Asia-Pacific.
- TCA Providers Respond. Mehta, Nina // Traders Magazine;Jul2009, Vol. 22 Issue 297, p47
The article reports on the response of transaction cost analysis (TCA) providers on the survey of Greenwich Associates LLC on the practicality of TCA in the U.S. Investment Technology Group Inc. (ITG) and Abel/Noser Corp. stated that the survey was fair on asking the use of TCA reports by...
- Canadian funds adapting strategies to fight underfunding. Clarke, David // Pensions & Investments;10/4/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p35
This article focuses on strategies adopted for Canadian pension fund sponsors to fight against underfunding. As many as 17% of 70 Canadian pension funds with assets of more than C $1 billion are less than 90% funded, and 9% of these large funds are less than 75% funded, according to a new report...
- Pension funds sticking with VWAP despite its shortcomings. // Pensions & Investments;9/15/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p17
Large money managers increasingly are shunning volume-weighted average price, or VWAP, as a benchmark for measuring the cost efficiency of portfolio trades in favor of more sophisticated methods that not only measure how much the trade cost, but also how much it should have cost given certain...
- Pension exec's job tougher, report says. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;4/14/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p6
Reports that the 1997 annual plan sponsor survey by Greenwich Associates indicates the pension fund executive's job is made tougher by management turnover, more asset allocation questions and underfunding worries. Warnings contained in a report on the survey; Recommendations by Greenwich analysts.