Moody's: Corporate Liquidity Remains Strong
- Moody's: Improving Liquidity Eases Default Fears. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/28/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p23
This article reports on the improving corporate liquidity in 2009 as reflected by Moody's Investors Services' liquidity-stress index. In August, the liquidity stress index dropped to 15.2%, while the number of firms with the worst possible liquidity rating declined from 106 to 78. According to...
- Shining a Light on Liquidity. // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct2001, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the short-term rating analysis of Moody's Investors Service on liquidity. Examination of the company on the probability of default; Focus of the agency on liquidity; Need of the agency on the analysis and additional information about the company.
- Moody's: Stable Market Ahead for Low-Rated Firms. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;12/23/2013, p21
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service has forecasted a calm atmosphere for credit conditions and low number defaults for lower-rated companies in 2014. According to the Moody's report, the narrow range of 146-16- companies rated f B3 negative and lower in 2013 highlights the...
- Moody's: 2010 Default Outlook Good for Yield, Liquidity. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/10/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p17
The article tackles the report of Moody's Investors Service about its outlook on the bond market. It is believed that lower default rates expected in 2010 will be beneficial for yield spreads, liquidity, and corporate spending. The rating agency changed its November 2009 default rate peak to...
- Moody's: Liquidity Stress Remains Stable. Carlson, Nicole // High Yield Report;7/1/2013, p3
The article discusses a liquidity report from bond rating business Moody's Investors Service which reveals that majority of U.S. speculative-grade firms continue to see few liquidity problems. Moody's Liquidity Stress Index (LSI) is at 3.3% as of mid-June 2013. The report claims...
- Moody's: Second Puerto Rico Default Looms. // Bond Buyer;11/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
Moody's Investors Service issued a short report stating that Puerto Rico (rated Caa3/negative outlook) is likely to default on some of its Dec. 1 debt service payments as its liquidity pressure grows.
- RISING LIQUIDITY STRESS INDEX INDICATES MORE DEFAULTS TO COME IN 2016, SAYS MOODY'S. // CFO Innovation Asia;1/6/2016, p3
The article reports that ratings agency Moody's Investors Service has announced that its Liqudity Stress Index (LSI) increased to 6.8 percent on December 31, 2015 from 6.4 percent on November 30, 2015 and has warned that the increase is a forewarning of a rise in the default rate in 2016. Topics...
- Moody's: Earnings, Long-Term Maturities Buoy Liquidity. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;8/25/2014, p9
The article reports that strong earnings and limited near-term maturities sustained the corporate liquidity of speculative-grade issuers amid softness in the leveraged loan and high yield bond market in the U.S. as of August 25, 2014. Moody's Investors Service said that its Liquidity-Stress...
- Junk-Rated Ohio Hospital Faces Liquidity Crisis. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/5/2015, Issue 34320, p1
Moody's Investors Service pushed a small Ohio hospital deep into junk territory amid a variable-rate debt-driven liquidity crisis and after a proposed merger with the state's largest provider fell through.