Oral aloe vera for treatment of diabetes mellitus and dyslipidemia
- Antihyperlipidemic Activity of Aloe succotrina in Rats: Possibly Mediated by Inhibition of HMG-CoA Reductase. Dhingra, Dinesh; Lamba, Deepak; Kumar, Ramesh; Nath, Pashupati; Gauttam, Satyaprakash // ISRN Otolaryngology;2014, p1
The present study was designed to investigate antihyperlipidemic activity of dried pulp of Aloe succotrina leaves in Wistar albino rats. Hyperlipidemia was induced in rats by feeding them high fat diet (HFD) or D-fructose (25% w/v) for 4 successive weeks. From 15th to 28th day, dried pulp (100...
- Aloe. Engels, Gayle // HerbalGram;Aug-Oct2010, Issue 87, p1
The article offers a profile of the herb aloe vera, which can be found throughout the tropics and warm regions worldwide. Topics include an overview of the historical and cultural significance of aloe vera, such as its use for the treatment of various ailments by Egyptians, several clinical...
- Aloe a summer must-have & so much more. Scheer, James F. // Better Nutrition;Jul98, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p50
Presents information on the use of aloe products as nutritional supplements. Details on aloe; Information on the origin of aloe; Estimated number of species of aloe; Use of aloin, a compound of aloe, in promoting regular bowel movements; Reference to zinc being one of the most beneficial...
- Beauty Ingredient: ALOE VERA. // Natural Solutions;May2013, Issue 153, p18
The article focuses on the skin benefits of aloe vera also evaluates several aloe vera containing cosmetics including the Vitamin A & E moisturizer from Kiss My Face LLC, the Pure Aloe Vera cream from Aubrey Organics Inc. and the Rice Bran Cleansing Milk from Nature's Gate.
- It's superplant! Mackenzie, Jillian // Self;Nov96, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p168
Looks at the medical uses of the aloe plant. Anecdotal evidence concerning its curative properties; Scientific research regarding the healing power of the plant; Common ways to use aloe at home.
- Aloe: Nature's skin soother. Tyler, Varro E. // Prevention;Apr98, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p94
Discusses the health benefits of the aloe herb. The suggestion that aloe gel, in its fresh form, is an effective treatment for minor cuts, burns including sunburn, frostbite and other minor skin irritations; Results from studies regarding the herbs effectiveness; Possible side effects; Herbal...
- MEDICAL MAILBOX. SerVaas, Cory; Braun, Wendy // Saturday Evening Post;May/Jun2014, Vol. 286 Issue 3, p70
The article provides answers from the authors to reader-submitted medical questions on susceptibility to leg blood clots, drinking aloe juice to control heartburn, and treatment for rosacea.
- NICE bedwetting and asthma guidance. // Independent Nurse;11/1/2010, p6
The article reports on the guidance published by the Great Britain National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) which mentioned that children under the age of seven need to be considered for treatment for bedwetting.
- diagnosis: MS. A New Era of MS Therapies? // PN;Oct2010, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p16
The article focuses on the new multiple sclerosis (MS) drugs such as Gilenia from Novartis AG and Movectro from Merck Serono International SA which acquired a Russian approval. It says that Movectro has become a leading oral MS drug as compared to Gilenia, though Gilenia has been recommended by...