Stop That Bully!
- Interventions for Relational Aggression: Innovative Programming and Next Steps in Research and Practice. Leff, Stephen S.; Crick, Nicki R. // School Psychology Review;2010, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p504
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss several articles including one on school programs aimed at preventing relational aggression, one on a school bullying prevention program, and one on workshops intended to educate teachers and students about aggressive behavior.
- The Bully-Free Classroom. Beane, Allan L. // Instructor;Sep2000, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p43
Presents some effective strategies and activities to stop bullying in school. Concepts that can be introduced in exposing the myths about bullying; Purpose of building conflict-resolution skills; Steps to conflict resolutions.
- State Laws and Policies to Address Bullying in Schools. Limber, Susan P.; Small, Mark A. // School Psychology Review;2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p445
This article focuses on the recent flurry of legislation in states to address bullying among school children. The primary purpose is to describe, compare, and contrast current state laws about bullying. Specifically, a description is provided of legislators' definitions of bullying and...
- Don't Just Stand By. Smith, Natalie // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;1/7/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on experts' claim that bystanders can make bullying worse. Studies have shown that about one in every six children is bullied in schools. Bullying can take the form of physical aggression, name-calling, excluding a child on purpose and cyberbullying. Experts have stated that...
- BULLYING MATERIALS. // American Teacher;Apr2005, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p23
Reports on the National Crime Prevention Council's offering of materials aimed at preventing bullying and teasing in schools.
- Relational aggression: The subtle art of bullying. James, Deborah // School Leadership Today;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p68
The article offers information on relational aggression in a busy school environment. It mentions that relational aggression comprises of behaviors which harm others through damage and threat of damage to reputation. It includes that boys use relational aggression to influence group membership,...
- Bullying: Fact Sheet. ROBISON, KATHY // Communique (0164775X);Oct2014, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p10
The article offers information on school bullying which is a form of aggressive and violent behavior that leads to long-term negative consequences for both bullies and victims. Topics discussed include types of bullying behavior such as non-verbal aggression or cyberbullying, poorly developed...
- 10 Ways to Move Beyond Bully Prevention (And Why We Should). Brown, Lyn Mikel // Education Week;3/5/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p29
The author reflects on the attention given to bully prevention programs. She provides alternative suggestions for addressing behavioral issues in school settings including ending the practice of labeling children, talking accurately about types of behavior, and understanding why children use...
- Relational Aggression Among Students. YOUNG, ELLIE L.; NELSON, DAVID A.; HOTTLE, AMERICA B.; WARBURTON, BRITTNEY; YOUNG, BRYAN K. // Education Digest;Mar2011, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p24
The article presents a condensed reprint of the article "Relational Aggression Among Students" by Ellie L. Young, David A. Nelson, America B. Hottle, Brittney Warburton, and Bryan K. Young, which appeared in the October 2010 issue of "Principal Leadership." It addresses the type of school...