Need to communicate persists
- Information and experimentation in short-term contracting. Jeitschko, Thomas D.; Mirman, Leonard J. // Economic Theory;2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p311
Summary. The impact of information dissemination and experimentation on dynamic adverse selection in noisy agency relationships is examined. Significant deviations in terms of equilibrium actions and payments occur, when compared to deterministic environments. Information dissipates slowly, so...
- A `push' by any other name. Brenner, Ev // Information Today;Mar97, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p11
Opinion. Discusses some of the disadvantages of search engines available on the Internet. Reference to Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI); Difficulties encountered when searching for specific information on online services.
- Free at last. J.M. // Inc.;1997 Inc. Technology 2, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p20
Looks at a service that can help you get rid of unwanted E-mail and dial-up Internet accounts and other online subscriptions. The free online consumer service called Cancel-it; The site's inventor Phillip Underhill.
- Fumbling data in the Web's end zone. Sullivan, Eamonn // PC Week;11/03/97, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p35
Discusses products attempting to move the Internet from information display to information communication. Technologies like Document Object Model (DOM) and Resource Description Frameworks (RDF); OnDisplay's Centerstage software; WebMethods' Web Automation Toolkit.
- The real rate of return. Boro, Jack // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/16/95, Vol. 99 Issue 42, p41
Illustrates through the use of anecdotes, how one may benefit indirectly from one's own life insurance policies, while still living. Insurance of businessman's equity value as a help to aggressive investment; Borrowing money from life insurance policies.
- Aussie ruling to aid recoveries. Tilley, Kate // Business Insurance;09/08/97, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p24
Reports on a ruling by Australia's High Court in relation to the expenses of policyholders without insurer approval. Information on the ruling; Arguments made by High Court Chief Justice Sir Gerard Brennan; Views from Kevin Nicholson, a barrister based in Adelaide, Australia.
- Ruling benefits policyholders. // Business Insurance;01/05/98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p2
Looks at a ruling by the California's Supre Court which benefits policyholders. Stipulation that insurers must pay the cost of investigating polluted sites; Details on the ruling of the court; Indepth look at the portion of the court's decision in Aerojet-General Corporation versus Transport...
- Effective dissemination strategies. Scullion, Philip A. // Nurse Researcher;2002, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p65
Explores some of the complexities, examines examples of effective dissemination strategies, provide insights and suggest pointers for researchers, research students and others who may be involved in dissemination. Information on barriers and positive initiatives; Central elements in the...
- The database and the law. // Nature Genetics;Sep99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Editorial. Discusses ways to regulate information dissemination. Assurance that innovation and free competition are encouraged; Protection of intellectual properties by the legislation through patent and copyright law; Prescription of ways in which content database may be used by the Congress...