Effects of Author Contribution Disclosures and Numeric Limitations on Authorship Trends
- PHACTS, a computational approach to classifying the lifestyle of phages. McNair, Katelyn; Bailey, Barbara A.; Edwards, Robert A. // Bioinformatics;Mar2012, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p614
Motivation: Bacteriophages have two distinct lifestyles: virulent and temperate. The virulent lifestyle has many implications for phage therapy, genomics and microbiology. Determining which lifestyle a newly sequenced phage falls into is currently determined using standard culturing techniques....
- A perl package and an alignment tool for phylogenetic networks. Cardona, Gabriel; Rosselló, Francesc; Valiente, Gabriel // BMC Bioinformatics;2008, Vol. 9, Special section p1
Background: Phylogenetic networks are a generalization of phylogenetic trees that allow for the representation of evolutionary events acting at the population level, like recombination between genes, hybridization between lineages, and lateral gene transfer. While most phylogenetics tools...
- Doublet method for very fast autocoding. Berman, Jules J. // BMC Medical Informatics & Decision Making;2004, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p16
Background: Autocoding (or automatic concept indexing) occurs when a software program extracts terms contained within text and maps them to a standard list of concepts contained in a nomenclature. The purpose of autocoding is to provide a way of organizing large documents by the concepts...
- EDITORIAL. // Bulletin of the Irish Mathematical Society;Winter2011, Issue 68, piii
The article presents an editorial policy from the journal regarding the enhancement to its electronic version, the updates on its Bulletin LATEX package, and the complete article list.
- Subscriptions Page. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Nov2013, Vol. 57 Issue 9, pNP
The article presents the subscription issue for the journal, its editorial policy and also offers brief information on issues such as drug disclaimer and instructions for authors regarding the selection of manuscripts and articles.
- south african journal of education. // South African Journal of Education;2013, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p1
The article presents a guideline for the contributors of the "South African Journal of Education." Topics discussed include editorial policy, responsibility of authors, and article processing charges (APCs). Also provided is information regarding the preparation of manuscripts, citation of...
- NetSeed: a network-based reverse-ecology tool for calculating the metabolic interface of an organism with its environment. Carr, Rogan; Borenstein, Elhanan // Bioinformatics;Mar2012, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p734
Summary: NetSeed is a web tool and Perl module for analyzing the topology of metabolic networks and calculating the set of exogenously acquired compounds. NetSeed is based on the seed detection algorithm, developed and validated in previous studies.Availability: The NetSeed web-based tool,...
- Perl: Not just for Web programming. Dominus, Mark-Jason // IEEE Software;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p69
Focuses on the computer programming language known as Perl. Wide use of the language as an Internet development tool; Features of the language; Concepts utilized by Perl; Information on the syntax of the language. INSETS: Perl at work;Sample Perl program.
- PERL Power is from the bottom up. Jones, Kevin // Inter@ctive Week;06/22/98, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p42
Presents information on PERL, a freeware scripting language used on intranets. Features of the program; What tools are being used to solve PERL's performance problems; Expectations for the program. INSET: Putting a new shine on PERL.