NEWS IN BRIEF
- Largest law firms Ranked by number of attorneys. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p16
Presents statistics related to largest law firms of Cleveland, Ohio ranked by number of attorneys. Contact information of law firms; Partner details; Staff information.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Lawyer;3/8/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the legal profession in Great Britain including the creation of the position of general counsel in Herbert Smith LLP, the opening of an office of K & L Gates in Warsaw, Poland, and the launch of a pro bono initiative at the Birmingham Law School by Mills...
- Anglo-American law firms prepare for Indian assault. Byrne, Matt // Lawyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p68
The article reports that British and American law firms are preparing to penetrate the legal market in India. The economic growth of India has led to the abundance of legal work. Two key questions face any firm looking to set up an office in India. There is yet to be any formal indication of the...
- Report examines forces reshaping the legal profession. // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 29, p14
Reports on the release of the white paper 'Dynamic Forces Reshape the Legal Field Today and the Practice of Law Tomorrow,' by Affiliates, a legal staffing service in the U.S. Emphasis on the impact of technology on the legal profession; Management trends; Implementation of business development...
- MY WORST MISTAKE. Weintraub, Anne // Biz941;Apr2012, p11
The article presents the author's insights regarding her mistake of not taking ownership of her own law firm earlier.
- ask bill. Gibson, K. William // Law Practice: The Business of Practicing Law;May/Jun2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on the future of legal profession.
- Competition, opportunity abound for Las Vegas lawyers. Ward, Matt // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/18/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p14
The article addresses trends that affected the local legal profession in Las Vegas, Nevada, and across the U.S. The realities affecting the legal profession nationwide are mobility among lawyers, billing rates pressure due to starting salaries, and competition from regional companies. Two...
- THELAWYER.COM. // Lawyer;9/19/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p2
The article presents insights at TheLawyer.com website on the plan of law firms to launch the first work experience for students including one on deciding something worthwhile, one saying that the plan is interesting, and one which considers the move to be a legitimate response to a problem.
- Law Firm Mergers Hold Steady Nationally at Pre-Recession Pace. // Indiana Lawyer;5/11/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p11
The article reports on the steady hold for mergers and acquisitions in law firms in the first quarter of 2012 in the U.S.