- Wild Turkey Brood Survey. Sanford, Bob // New York State Conservationist;Jun2002, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p9
Provides information on the wild turkey brood survey in New York. Qualifications for participants in the survey; Aims of the survey; Significance of survey results for Department of Environmental Conservation biologists.
- Changes to Turkey Hunting Seasons. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2015, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p30
The article announces changes to the fall turkey hunting seasons adopted by the New York Deparment of Environmental Conservation in 2015.
- NEWS. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2006, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p29
The article presents updates on environment conservation in New York. Conservationist magazine will be launching the I Love the Conservationist Sweepstakes which features giveaways for the sportsman, hiker, skier and family camper. The Department of Environmental Conservation plans to begin a...
- Turkey Survival Study. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2007, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the wild turkey banding project which was started by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to estimate harvest and survival rates of male wild turkeys or gobblers in New York. DEC staff and volunteers banded 383 gobblers, far exceeding the annual...
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2011, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p28
This section offers news briefs on various New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) matters. The DEC announced a regulation which prohibits both the intentional and indirect feeding through food attractants such as bird seeds of black bears. On April 23 to 24, 2011, DEC will hold...
- The Great State of Hunting. Batcheller, Gordon R. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2013, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p2
The author discusses hunting opportunities in New York State. Aside from squirrels, he shares that hunters may go for wild turkey and deer depending on the season. He discloses that the state is considered as the ninth most popular hunting destination in the U.S., with an estimated 823,000...
- DEC begins project to aid state's efforts at curbing pollution. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's project aimed at enhancing pollution prevention efforts. Evaluation of public health and environmental risks.
- DEC ozone advisories available from hotline. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the availability of advisories on ozone formation from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Forecast that ozone levels likely to exceed standards set by Environmental Protection Agency.
- DEC's Dichotomy. Edinger, Frances M. // Conservationist;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p50
Presents a letter regarding the role of Department of Environmental Conservation in New York.