- CONNECTIONS. // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p72
The artilce reports on sales promotions and other products in the food service sector. Foodservice operators can join the Marzetti Italian Celebration promotion to avail of savings up to 150 U.S. dollars. A new sandwich recipe book has been published by the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute...
- Reduce breast-cancer risk: Five steps plus two actions. // British Columbia Medical Journal;Dec2014, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p483
The article discusses five steps that may help to prevent breast cancer, plus two actions for possible early detection, provided by the Five Plus website.
- Pear farmers vote to continue marketing order. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;3/29/2012, p4
The article discusses the changes in the California Pear Advisory Boards' programs which will remain in operation for at least another 5 years. Under the new structure, the board will discontinue its retail merchandising program and will leave promotions conducted directly with grocery stores up...
- California Bartlett pear crop slightly smaller this year. Blake, Cary // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;7/ 1/2014, p1
The article reports on the decrease of Barlett pear crop production in California from the 2.9 million packages of four-year average crop size to 2.6 million 36-pound packages statewide in 2014. It says that pear growers are estimated to harvest 550,000 packages of different pear varieties...
- Berry updates. Sheehan, Patrica // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p63
Chefs can get the latest information on berry trends and culinary applications from a free on-line subscription to the periodical 'Fresh Picks,' produced by Driscoll Strawberry Associates Inc. Each issue features a current crop update and availability monitor along with seasonal retailing topics.
- Flagstaff House weaves fine dining onto the Web. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;2/16/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p38
Features the web site of Flagstaff House Restaurant in Boulder, Colorado. Customer service; Gourmet food items offered by the Web site; Cooking demonstrations.
- SECOND OPINION. Harris, Lou // PRWeek (London);9/11/2009, p19
The author reflects on the effectiveness of the Drink Pink campaign launched by McCann Erickson Birmingham for Ember Inns in Great Britain as a way to raise funds for national charity Against Breast Cancer. The author explains that the campaign needs to stand out if it wants to get national...
- Just Desserts. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p80
The article offers news briefs related to food management. The HMS Illustrous, an aircraft carrier, has undergone a $216 million upgrade. A crew of Dairy Queen workers in Canada faces a disciplinary action after posting a video footage on the Web site Facebook.com. Mississippi legislators...
- Health and Beauty 101. // Essence (Essence);Mar1999, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p26
Focuses on a program that trains African-American beauticians to promote the importance of breast-cancer awareness to clients. Source of funds for the program; Sponsor; Agenda of the program; Number of participating salons.