- Burgers Minus Beef. Parham, Kate // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p34
The article offers tips from U.S. food service experts on how to create a non-beef burger menu. Dan Phalen of Luby's Culinary Services notes the health benefits of non-beef burgers including elk, boar and ostrich. He suggests the need for a food service business to think about maintaining...
- Fruits of labor. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;6/20/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p33
The article reports that chefs around the United States are adding unexpected flavor to both sweet and savory dishes by grilling and roasting fruits. Peaches, plums and pineapples are just a few of the fruit varieties making appearances on menus. At the fine-dining restaurant Chanterelle in New...
- Easy summer entertaining. White, Joyce // New York Amsterdam News;6/10/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 24, p24
The article presents information on various recipes for easy summer parties. An array of simple dishes that can be done the day before answers the call for easy but elegant summer entertaining. Taittinger Brut La Francaise Champagne, which is fresh and fruity with a lingering elegant finish, is...
- Legends of the fall. Jennings, Lisa // Nation's Restaurant News;11/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p27
The article focuses on the significance of autumnal fruits and spices for seasonal dessert menus. According to sources, dessert flavors begin to change with the season, as cooler weather inspires chefs to turn to rich, comforting entrÃ©es. For example, executive pastry chef Chris Broberg at...
- Sugar Rush: Desserts. // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep2007, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p52
The article offers information about desserts made from fruits served at various restaurants in the U.S. Bong Su Restaurant and Lounge offers a dessert menu including specialties such as Slowpoached Strawberry Shortcake with Lemongrass Anglaise and the Honey Mango Dessert. Magnolia Grill is...
- Fruitful Endings. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p56
The article presents information on items of fruits and fruit dessert. At Wellmont Holston Valley Medical Center in Kingsport, Tennessee, Chef Armand Celentano menus both purchased and homemade fruit cobblers, pies, turnovers, crisps, trifles, strudels, dump cakes and fools. Fruit desserts are...
- Juicy Fruits. Lebovitz, David // Bon Appetit;Aug2004, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p86
Presents menus for fruit desserts like peaches, plums and cherries.
- ROOM FOR DESSERT. Klatt, Mary Beth // Town & Country;Mar2009, Vol. 163 Issue 5346, p51
The article provides information on the Candy Bar dessert menu at C-House restaurant, located in Chicago, Illinois.
- Tip of the month. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun97, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p16
Presents a recipe for a healthful dessert. Blueberries and raspberries on cantaloupe.