- Feds Get Healthier Eats. // Food Management;Mar2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on a contract attained by I.L. Creations of Maryland Inc. from General Services Administration for the provision of dining services at the State Department headquarters in Washington D.C. It mentions that I.L. Creations will be promoting wellness among several employees that...
- Let's Jump! // National Geographic Kids;Aug2011, Issue 412, p9
The article presents a list of healthy activities for children for August 2011, including participation in U.S. President Barack Obama's Let's Jump! movement, taking a hike, and playing kickball.
- Executive Order 13631--Reestablishment of Advisory Group. OBAMA, BARACK // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/7/2012, Special section p1
The article presents the Executive Order 13631 issued by U.S. President Barack Obama on December 7, 2012 regarding the reestablishment of an advisory group on prevention, health promotion, and integrative and public health.
- Obama and the economy. // Fort Worth Business Press;11/12/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p6
The article discusses the possible impact of U.S. President Barack Obama's reelection on the elements of the economy and financial system. Obama has mentioned his intention of reducing deficits by 4 trillion U.S. dollars. Obama likewise believes that the economy's improvement will depend on...
- Power play. Belgrave, James // Green Futures;Jan2011, Issue 79, p8
The article presents the author's insights on various initiatives related to installation of photovoltaic (PV) power systems on government buildings such as the plans of U.S. President Barack Obama to install 75 PV panels on the roof of the White House in 2011.
- Time for a New New Deal. DeMoro, Rose Ann // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Oct2008, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p9
The article focuses on programs recommended by the author that should be proposed to U.S. President Barack Obama. The programs are guaranteed healthcare for every American, assurance of highest standard of care, and the protection of workers right to form unions. Information about the Employee...
- (HRSA) Increase in Agency FY2012 Budget Should Benefit Health Centers. // Community Health Funding Week;2/25/2011, p10
The article reports on the increase in the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)'s 2012 budget given by the administration of the U.S. President Barack Obama. As stated, an increase of nearly a billion dollars from the year 2010's actual level is proposed by the HRSA out of which...
- Proclamation 8552--National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, 2010. OBAMA, BARACK // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/31/2010, Special section p1
The article presents the text of U.S. Proclamation 8552 by President Barack Obama, dated August 31, 2010, concerning the National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month 2010. Obama cited prostate cancer as the second leading cause of death from cancer among men in the country. He noted that the...
- Executive Order 13544--Establishing the National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/10/2010, Special section p1
The article presents the provisions of Executive Order 13544 that was signed by U.S. President Barack Obama on June 10, 2010 concerning the establishment of the U.S. National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council. A provision enumerates the members of the council including U.S....